Chapter 18

"I just am so happy for you!" Katrina exclaimed as she looked at my engagement ring. It shined and sparkled, making sure it caught your eye as you looked.
"I know, I am just so happy I met someone like him," I told her, as I too stared at my engagement ring.
"Is he planning to be home soon?" Katrina asked me.
"Hopefully," I told her, "We are supposed to be going out to dinner tonight,"
Katrina nodded, "Well, I better get home. I am so happy for you Hadley, I wish you two all the best," Katrina said before getting up and leaving.
I waved her goodbye as she left.
I looked back at my ring and smiled.
I was telling the truth to Katrina when I told her I was happy to have met someone like him. Yes, he may have had a rough past, but I saw past that the second I began to talk to him.
"Honey?" I heard someone call out from behind me.
I turned around and saw Cooper standing in the garage door, with a big smile on his face, looking at me.
"Hello, my love." I said softly as I got up and walked towards him.
He instantly embraced me into a hug as I met up to him.
He hugged me tightly, just like he did everyday after he got home from work. I always enjoyed it, and looked forward to him coming home from work, and getting his, to me, famous, giant hug and kiss on the lips.
"I've missed you," he told me as he gave me the kiss.
"I've missed you too sweetheart," I told him as I hugged him once more.
He pulled away from the hug and placed his stuff down onto the table.
"Was work okay?" I asked him as I walked into the kitchen.
"Yes, work was fine. My boss has been getting on my nerves, but other than that, it was fine. I saw Katrina leaving, what did you have her over for?" he replied from the next room.
As I began to start dinner, he walked into the kitchen just as I had earlier.
"She came over to hangout for a bit, she didn't stay long though. She was very excited that we were engaged. I'm thinking of making her my maid of honor." I told him.
Cooper smiled and nodded, "It seems like everyone knows then, huh?"
I nodded. "I'm thinking of heading back home for the week. My brother is coming back and I want to see him."
Cooper sighed, "Damn, I actually wanted to talk to you about that Hadley. My boss wants me to fly out to New York for the week for meetings and stuff."
"Well that's okay, I wouldn't want to impose on you anyways, I'll go visit my parents, and you go on your work trip,"

2 DAYS LATER

"MOM?" I called out as I walked into the house. I could hear people talking, but I didn't see anyone. I walked further into the house, where the kitchen was, and saw my mother, faher, brother, and his girlfriend, all sitting down at the kitchen table talking.
"Honey! I'm so glad you're here!" My mother exclaimed as soon as she saw me. She and my father both got up from their chairs and hugged me.
Once they pulled away I turned to Levi who gave me a quick side hug.
His girlfriend Elena said a quick hello to me before I took a seat next to her.
"So, how is everything going with the wedding planning?" My mother asked me.
I smiled, "We actually are hiring someone to help with the planning. Cooper barely has any time with his job and the promotion he is trying to get. And since I'm going to be starting my new job soon, it's just too much. But we don't want to put anything off just because we are busy, so we are hiring someone. Her name is Madison, she's very good, a bit expensive, but worth it."
"As long as you're happy" my mother said smiling.
"I am," I replied.
for the next few hours we all talked and caught up with one another.
Once the time hit around 5 I told my mom I was wanting to go shopping for a little bit since I missed the shopping areas around here. She told me that was fine and to have fun.
I decided to bring Elena along with me since she wanted to com with me. I also thought it would be a good idea to get to know her a little better, since as of right now, I didn't know much about her, other than that she was training to be a RN and she was dating my brother. They seemed happy, but I always worry about my brother. He continues to hop around with different girls every few months, after going too quickly with them.
She seems like a nice girl and all, but I doubt they will last. Levi still barely knows what he wants to do in life, but Elena seems to have it all planned out.
That might cause some friction between the two of them.
"So, what are you planning to do at this mall?" she asked me as I pulled into the mall parking lot.
"I just want to look around, maybe find some new clothes if possible. I remember this store having so much, but it's been a good 7 years since i've been here. So much has changed." I told her as I looked at the mall itself.
multiple stores were clearly gone, and replaced with new and fresh ones..
"So, if it's okay with you, I wanna talk a bit about Levi while im with you, since he's your brother and all, I figure you'd know what is up with him." she told me.

I ended up talking to her about Levi the entire time, she actually asked about Shaw. She said she had seen multiple pictures of Levi and Shaw together, and Levi barely told her anything about him, only saying that he was an old childhood friend who ended up doing something unforgivable.
I felt bad, Levi never treated me differently after the incident, he acted like it never happened. Like it wasn't my fault, but he never talked to Shaw again, at least I think. But after that letter, Shaw never tried to contact me, even after all these years. It makes me think if he ever liked me. Yes Levi told him to stay away, but their friendship was ruined, but he could've still wanted me, but over the years my mindset on the whole situation continues to change as time passes on.
But the thing is, the more I think about it, I know that I'm over him. Yes, I would love to see him again, see how he is. But I am engaged, and in love. I've met someone who makes me so happy, and I'd never change anything for that.
I just wish I knew what happened to him...

Present Time (Shaw's POV)

"Will you jsut stop fucking yelling Courtney?" I yelled.
But she didn't stop, she ended up throwing a vase at my head, and quickly ducked it as it shattered on the wall right behind me.
"Are you fucking insane?" I yelled.
I knew Courtney was mad, but not crazy enough to throw a fucking vase at my head like a mad women.
"How could you cheat on me?!" she yelled frantically.
I sighed, maybe I deserve that vase...
"Courtney, babe, I am so fucking sorry. You are such an amazing woman..."
She cut me off my throwing, yet another vase, at my head.
I ducked it again, but only continued with my sentence.
"But I am so fucked in the head babe. You shouldn't be with someone like me. I'm not stable whatsoever." I told her.
Courntey started to cry, she sat down on the couch as she tried to calm down.
"3 months Shaw, why are you like this? Why do you destroy everything good in your life? Why am I not good enough for you? Why is no woman good enough for you?"
I shook my head. I did destroy everything, she was right about that.
I fight with her constantly, always wanting to stir stuff up.
I finally gave into the temptation to cheat on her. I slept with her best friend, stupidly, I got caught. or maybe I was stupid enough to allow myself to get caught, thinking I could just find another girl to mess with.
But the truth is...a girl is good enough for me. But I no longer have her. I left her because I was scared. and now I can never have her back. I cheated on Courtney the day I heard the news. I heard from a friend, who heard from another friend that she's engaged, that she's marrying this perfect guy. How in love they are. It hurt, it truly hurt, and I wanted to hurt Courtney, because I wanted someone else to feel the pain of losing someone they love to someone else.
I know, it's fucked. but so am I. I'm so fucked in the head, and I can't seem to get over her. but you may be wondering...why not go after her?
The thing is...I tried, but about a year ago when I tried. Levi stopped me, telling me that I was too fucked up to even dare trying, to even dare fuck with someone so percfetd and happy with life. she didn't deserve such a fuck head like me, she deserves the perfect guy. The one she is marrying.
Yeah, I slept with my best friend's sister, but I also fell so far deep in love with her...