Chapter 17

Levi didn't say anything, he just sat there and looked at us, without saying anything, not a damn thing.

"Levi? Please say something..." I said trying to break the awkward silence. I would rather him flip out on us, then him sitting quietly.
Levi looked up from the table, and moved his vision to Shaw who looked like he was about to die.
"I figured, especially since they way you've been acting lately." Levi began, "But how could you? My sister! You fucking asshole!"
Shaw didn't say anything, only lowered his head ashamed.
"Levi, please don't blame him, it was me." I said, but I damn well knew it takes 2 to tango.
"Stop. I don't wanna hear it Hadley. We are going home, but this fucker is never allowed back to the house! EVER!" Levi yelled, now we had the attention of the whole restaurant.
Shaw looked up confused, "I don't understand, how are you mad at me, but not her?"
Levi scoffed, "She's took young and dumb to understand what love is like. You fucking used her. She had no idea what she was doing. So I can't be mad at her, but I am mad at you. You fucked my sister and hid it from me. I trusted you, you were like a brother to me, we are done being friends. I never wanna fucking see you agian, and if I. do, I swear to god ill fucking kill you," Levi said before grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the restaunt.
He threw me into his car and quickly got in, not letting me talk to Shaw.
"Levi, please, stop. We can talk about this." I said, hoping he would go back inside and let us discuss this. But I knew there was no chance in hell that was going to happen. He was pissed, I could see red in his eyes when he yelled at Shaw. But I hate that he was putting all of the blame on Shaw, I'm old enough to make my own decision .
"SHUT UP" Levi yelled.
I looked at him shocked, I couldn't believe he just yelled at me, or maybe I could.
"Please...don't hate me..." I cried. The tears were now coming down my face, I could no longer hold them in. Levi turned to me and sighed, "Why him? Why my best friend? You could've chose anybody,"
"I am so sorry Levi, but I love him. I want to be with him, that's why we had chosen to tell you," I said.
Levi glared at me, "But say you didn't wanna be with him. the whole sleeping together thing would've just been a whole fucking secret between you two, and I would've never known and fuck off with loving him, you don't love him. You may think it's love, but he is using you Hadley! That's what he does, and I hate him and myself for allowing him to do this to you. He's a fucking prick. I don't see what you see in him."
I was now fully crying now.
"He isn't like that with me, he loves me. He treats me really well and we get along so well, please, try to understand ." I begged Levi.
Levi shook his head, "No, you are going to stay away from him. You will not see him, you will not talk to him, or I will hurt him. No contact with him whatsoever."
"NO! He is my boyfriend and you can't do that!" I yelled.
Levi slammed his hand onto the steering wheel, scaring me.
"STAY AWAY from him!" He yelled.
He took a deep breath and spoke again , "It's the least you can do Hadley. I know you love him, but I have known him so much longer than you. He uses girls, he doesn't love you. He. is feeding you lies and using you for sex. So what if you guys are in a relationship? He will still use you. so please, just don't see him anymore."
I looked at the front window, and I knew I was screwed. I had to choose. levi or Shaw. and I knew who Shaw would choose if it was the other way around.
"I'll stay away from him," I told Levi.
Levi gave me a small smile, and just for a second, I could see relief in his eyes.
"Thank you Hadley, I know you think you love him, and maybe you do, but he doesn't love you back. I can't let him use you too. He's done it to too many girls, and I sure as hell won't let him to it to my sister."
"I know you think you're right Levi, and I don't wanna argue with you. but he's changed. he isn't using me I promise. We don't have sex all the time, all we do is hangout with each other. I promise. please try to understand. He isn't using me. I do truly love him. I have loved him for a long time, and now I am finally with him, and I am truly happy with him. I wish you would let me live my own life. you may be my brother, and you may be trying to protect me but I am old enough to make my own decisions, and if he does end up hurting me, then so be it. At least I learned a lesson,"
Levi shook his head, "I'm not willing to take the risk,"
He started up the car and drove us home. "Shaw will be over to come get his shit, and you will be in your room, you will not speak to him, you will not come out. Do not make me tell mom and dad. we both know they'd be pissed even knowing how supportive they are. They won't like how you were sleeping with my ex best friend under their roof." Levi said.
I nodded and headed upstairs to my room before Shaw could get here.
I could hear him enter the house, and Levi tell him to hurry the fuck up, and to stay away from me.
Luckily our parents aren't home yet, but I know they'd be wondering where Shaw had wandered off to, and it was up to Levi to come up with an excuse.
I was upset, greatly upset. Not just because Levi wasn't letting me see Shaw, but I knew Shaw would have to go back to college very soon, and then I would never truly be able to see him.
I trust Shaw, but I don't trust the whores at his college. He was a popular football player, and very hot. I knew something could happen, and I wouldn't be there to stop it, or he wouldn't be with me anymore.
I want to see him one more time, but I knew I couldn't go against Levi. He was livid right now, and I didn't want to make anything worse. Shaw left relatively quickly, not wanting to piss off levi.
Once Shaw left, Levi called me down and we both sat on the couch.
I didn't say anything, as I waited for him to speak.
"Shaw told me something before he left." Levi said. "He told me that he was sorry for everything, but he doesn't regret it because he had fallen for you, even though it truly only started off as just a hookup. He said he wished that he could be with you, but didn't want to cause any issues. and that I didn't have to worry about ever seeing or hearing from him again. "
"So...what did you say?" I asked him.
"I told him it's too late for that, and I told him I was glad I would never have to see his face ever again. but he did give me this.'' Levi said, hanging me an envelope. It said my name on it.
"I didn't open it, he said he wanted you to have it and that he was sorry and that he loved you. I was going to just throw it away, but hopefully it will make you feel a bit better. I do also hope you understand i'm not trying to ruin things between me and you, or ruin your life. I just am looking out for you,'' Levi said before leaving the couch and heading up to his room.
I quickly opened the letter so see what it had to say...

Dear Hadley,
I am so sorry that this happened. This didn't even go the way I figured it. But I just wanted to let you know, that I never used you, I do love you. but I want to respect levi's decision. even though I love you so much, I have to. I'll be going back to a hotel for the next few days before I call the college and transfer to another one. I can't be around levi. I know he'll hate me for the rest of my life, there is no point in trying. but I know that I will miss you, I know I will never forget you. Thank you for loving me, thank you for an amazing month, and I wish it was longer, but I will never take for granted what we had and the time we spent together. thank you

Love, Shaw

Tears were once again flowing down my face. I lost him, and it was all my fault. I wanted him back but I knew it would never happen. I would lose him forever...