Chapter 7

Shaw's POV

"Mackenzie! Come on, this is bullshit!" I yelled as I ran after her.

It only took a few seconds until I was finally able to catch up with her. She was stopped at a tree and sitting on the ground.

I could instantly tell she was crying.

"I should've never come," she murmured out.

I sighed, "I shouldn't have invited you. I don't mean that in a hateful way, so don't take it wrong. But we needed some space after our last fight. It wasn't enough of a break, I'm sorry for pushing you to come."

Mackenzie lifted her head up and looked at me. "Maybe this isn't meant to be..."

I looked at her confused, "What are you talking about?"

She chuckled. "We shouldn't be together. Come on Shaw, it's clear why you invited me here. Did you want to piss of Levi's sister? I could tell as soon as she looked at you, with so much sadness, and you returned it."

"I don't feel anything for her, we've just been sleeping together," I admitted.

"Bullshit, you clearly felt something enough to call me. You wanted to hurt her, and she did the same to you cause that boy wouldn't be here. She also clearly cares about you too, cause she did cancel on him as soon as she found out that I wasn't coming, correct?"

I nodded. "Well, she's liked me for a bit though. It just happened one night. I never meant to cheat on you, I did like you. I guess I just lost interest."

I sat down next to her and rested against the tree.

"I guess I'll just leave. Maybe you should too. I mean you probably don't wanna be a 7th wheel, right?"

"Nah, I'm gonna stay here. I don't care if I'm lonely, I know Levi would be upset if I left."

Mackenzie nodded before standing up and walking away. I stood up as well and walked back to the lake.

As soon as I returned back, I saw everybody in the lake except Hadley. I walked over toward her and sat down next to her.

She looked at me and rolled her eyes. "Where's your girlfriend?" she asked me.

"Um...she left. She's actually not my girlfriend anymore either. We both thought I'd be best if we broke things off."

Hadley looked at me surprised as she raised her eyebrow. "I told her about us."

Hadley instantly looked pissed. "You fucking moron! What if she tells Levi? Huh?! She could hate you for anything and tell him, then we'd be fucked!" she whispers yelled at me.

"Calm down, will ya? I trust her. She won't be saying shit or I'll tell the whole school she slept with her older sister's fiance."

She looked at me once more before looking toward her brother. "I hate this, I regret what happened so much."

I was surprised hearing her say that. She told me first that she didn't regret it. Then we continued to sleep together.

It hurt me when she said that. But I guess she is right, it should've never happened.

"So, what does that mean? We just pretend it never happened?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Don't tell anyone, we just act like it never happened. I don't want Levi to ever find out. I don't want anyone to tell him either. I know it would kill him to find out that his best friend fucked his little sister, who he hates."

"I told you Hadley, he doesn't hate you. I wish you'd get that, it has nothing to do with you. It's just he's insecure, that's all."

Hadley stood up and started to walk toward the dock, where everybody else was. She sat down on the dock next to Vincent.