She's not ruined their lives or broken the way they used to live, she made it better. But he had a lot of pride and found it very difficult to admit when he was wrong.

He wanted to apologise. He needed to.

Eventually, they pulled up to her secondary school that was filled with children walking in. Some laughing, some clinging to their parents.

"Are you going to be alright, nena?" Diego asked her before she stepped out of the car.

"I'm sure I'll be fine. I hope." She laughed out nervously.

Just before she jumped out, Rafael turned to look at her.

"Buena suerte, hermanita." He said, a small smile gracing her lips as she nodded and left the two brothers in the car.

It was daunting - all these children that she didn't know. She arrived at the school office rather quickly as it wasn't too difficult to find.

The old lady peered up at her through rectangular glasses, a sharp glare in her eyes.

"What do you need?" She already sounded exhausted from dealing with people on a Monday morning.

"Um... I'm new. My name's Taiga Gonzalez."

"Ah, you're Taiga!" A voice called behind her.

A girl, not much taller than her, was smiling brightly at her. Her blonde hair was tied into a ponytail, a sparkling headband rested on top with glasses framing her face.

"I'm Amelia but please call me Amy." Her uniform was perfect, not a crease nor a wrinkle. "I'm here to help you around school!" She grinned.

Taiga nodded meekly, slightly overwhelmed by the girl's preppy personality. The tired office woman printed out a timetable for her, handing it over carelessly.

The bright girl, Amy, peeked over her shoulder.

"Your first class is biology, I can take you there if you'd like?" She offered.

"Thank you." Taiga smiled, still feeling rather shy.

The school itself felt huge, lockers lining the halls and classrooms dotted around and filled with children. Amy managed to speak throughout the whole thing, naming all the rooms and briefly taking her to her locker and teacher her how to use it.

When they reached her class, she observed the students sat at their desks, chatting away until they saw her, exchanging glances with each other. Being the new kid was difficult and she had experienced that in her family and now in this school.

A man dressed in a suit looked up at her from a messy desk filled with papers. His eyes were kind and seemed to have a smile and a shine in them as beckoned her over.

"Hello, you must be Taiga?" He stood to meet her.

"Y-yes." She stuttered out.

Talking with one girl was fine, but now there were over twenty five students murmuring about her, she'll felt much more anxious than before.

The teacher let out a hearty chuckle, one filled with a surprising amount of warmth.

"It's perfectly normal to be nervous on your first day, especially with these nosey kids." He smiled at the class. "My name's Mr Acaster but you can just call me Sir or Mr A."

She nodded, eased by his open and jolly personality.

"There's a free seat on that table, by Aurelia - give us a wave!" And a girl at the side of the classroom waved enthusiastically.