FIFTEEN

Not a word had been spoken for several hours, all of them silently fretting about Diego's surgery

"He needs major surgery, but he should pull through." The doctors had told them but even they knew there was always a risk with such procedures.

If the smallest thing went wrong, then Diego might not make it and they were left as sitting ducks: helpless and powerless.

Although it was affecting them all equally, Taiga definitely had a heavy burden on her shoulders. As she was cradled in Rafael's arms, she couldn't stop thinking that if she hadn't been so deceitful, Diego wouldn't be in hospital.

It dawned on her that the rest of her brothers probably hated her for hiding things from them and harming their little brother. She may have been their sister, but she had really only been living with them for half a year whereas the brothers had been together their whole life.

She wasn't needed.

If she disappeared, nothing would change and now she had possibly risked the brothers' bonds. Although she wanted to apologize for her inadequacy, she knew it would lead to questions she couldn't answer.

None of them had realized how immersed in their thinking they had been until a doctor came into the waiting room, all of their heads shooting upwards to attention.

"What's happened?" Rafael exclaimed as soon as he saw the man, not quite giving him a chance to talk, making Taiga startle at the loudness of his voice right next to her.

"Rafael." She tried to calm him slightly.

"He's pulled through." The doctor smiled, making them all sigh in relief.

"When can we see him?" Miguel cut in.

"You can see him now but he'll be asleep for a while. Luckily there were no complications and he should be fine as long as the wound is frequently cleaned and he gets as much bed rest as possible." Before the doctor had finished, Rafael had taken Taiga off his lap and sped out in search of his brother's room.

The rest of the siblings followed after him, but Leo made sure to murmur his gratitude before doing the same. Luckily, he had asked what room Diego was in so they weren't wandering around the hospital cluelessly.

As they entered the room, the constant beeping of a machine beside his bed reassured them that Diego was safe and alive. They were all crowded around his bed - although they knew he wasn't going to wake so soon, it was comforting just being next to him.

However, he truly did look terrible. His face was incredibly pale, dark bags hanging under his eyes and his usually dishevelled hair was even messier than usual. He definitely looked like he had been dragged through hell.

"It's late. Taiga, we need to get you to bed." Leonardo spoke up.

She shook her head rapidly in objection, not caring how late it was or worrying about herself.