TWENTY FIVE

"Taiga, are you alright?" Aurelia asked beside her, concerned with her sudden change in attitude

"What? Y-yeah, don't worry. I'm fine." Taiga tried to convince her friend and herself.

Not wanting to pry further and make her uncomfortable, Aurelia didn't ask any further but still kept her worried gaze on the deer-like girl next to her. Instead, she gave her a reassuring side hug to let her know that she was there for support.

Jason observed Taiga's reaction to seeing him keenly, loving his effect on her. He sent a grin full of malice, hatred and revenge but most importantly: promise. He promised to get back what was his - he believed she was his little toy and loathed the Gonzalez family for taking her away.

She belonged to him.

But no matter how persistent he was, Taiga had found a home and made a life - she wouldn't go with him. However, she had to factor in the safety of her brothers whose lives she valued much more than her own.

"Taiga!" A familiar voice called out, Pablo coming towards her.

Afraid that Jason would hurt her brother, she quickly turned back to where she had seen him, only to find the space vacant. The possibility that she had imagined it ran through her busy mind but she wasn't that naive - he had been there and he knew exactly where to find her.

"Hey, cariño." He greeted her with an easy going smile. "You okay?" Her ghostly complexion raising his concerns.

"I'm fine, just a bit under the weather." She tried to play off her anxiety.

He gave her a long look, seeing if there was anything that would give away what she really felt but when he found nothing, he dropped the subject. However, he knew he would ask again later.

"We'll get you home and Miguel can cook you something." He offered. "And these must be your friends?"

Upon the new subject Taiga grinned, eager to show off her new friends.

"This is Aurelia." She pointed to the coffee haired girl. "Reid." The green eyed boy waved. "And Gray." The last quiet one smiled.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Pablo, Taiga's brother." He introduced himself.

"We've heard a lot about you." Aurelia gushed as if she were talking to a celebrity and in some ways, she was. "Not as much about your other brothers though."

"Diego and Rafael are a recipe for chaos." Pablo and Taiga shared a knowing look. "And speaking of, we should probably get going. They're waiting in the car."

They group said their goodbyes and Pablo guided his sister to where the other two siblings awaited.

"Took you long enough." Diego complained from the front seat, adjacent to Rafael.