THIRTEEN

Bewildered, Taiga could only watch as Miguel peacefully conversed with the stranger that had been harassing her recently

Bewildered, Taiga could only watch as Miguel peacefully conversed with the stranger that had been harassing her recently. What baffled her even more was that Jason was standing right next to her - she felt as though he would attack her at any moment.

She realized that her brothers never knew what Jason looked like, only what he did but she didn't know how to warn Miguel.

She was terrified.

"And who's this?" The stranger called Cole asked her brother but sending her a spine chilling gaze.

"Sorry, I forgot you haven't met. Cole, this is my little sister Taiga. Taiga, this is Cole." He introduced them, not seeing the shaken state she was in.

"Pleased to meet ya', poppet." He grinned at her making her want to vomit in his face.

When she didn't reply, Miguel spoke up.

"Sorry, she's a bit shy at first." He explained shortly before turning to his sister. "Cole used to go to school with Leo and me, so he's a friend of the family."

That made her face pale considerably. How could they take a liking to this man? Maybe she was being too quick to judge, but he had been stalking her slightly and he worked for Jason.

"Who's this?" Miguel parroted what Cole had previously asked, looking at Jason.

"This is Jack, we came 'ere to get a sugar break from working at the garage." He grinned ominously.

From the outside, it probably looked like a normal, friendly reunion however, from Taiga's perspective it was her idea of hell. Her ex-tormentor was right in front of her and her brother seemed to have no idea.

Jack. That name made her laugh - it was obvious to her that he was lying about his name but for some reason, Miguel was blinded. A mix of anger at her brother's ignorance and the terror of seeing Jason and Cole started to make her feel queasy.

"Miguel." She caught her brother's attention. "I don't feel very well..." she trailed off, not wanting to particularly specify why.

He turned to look at her with a worried gaze before turning towards Cole and Jason.

"Sorry, we need to get home now - the children will be wanting dinner." He joked lightly whilst Taiga was eagerly standing to leave.

"That's fine. I'll see ya' again sometime, man." Cole casually said.

As they Miguel walked around the two demons to leave, Jason grabbed Taiga's wrist in a bruising grasp as she followed behind her brother. Menacingly, he leaned in to whisper in her ear, bringing back forbidden memories she truly despised thinking of.

Ones that she could never erase no matter how much she needed to.

"Tell then who I am and I will murder your precious brothers with my bare hands. You of all people know what I'm capable of, pet." He threatened her, an evil glint in his eyes copying Cole's.