NINETEEN

"W-what do you mean?" Taiga stuttered out, her eyes wide with disbelief

"They escaped." Leonardo repeated with a solemn expression.

"But... how? I saw them, they weren't moving, they were unconscious."

"Taiga, listen to me." He softly ordered her as she became more alarmed. "Everyone is working as hard as they can to find them and we will. I have connections with the police and trust me, they're following as many leads as they can and it won't be too long until they're found." Leonardo assured, desperate to calm her.

Taiga didn't answer, still frozen with fear. He could tell she was deeply troubled and thoroughly regretted telling her. Even if she'd hate him, he realised it was better to keep her in the dark if it would keep her safe. But at the same time, she did need to know in order to be cautious - he was in a dilemma of between her safety and her trust.

"I promise we'll find them, okay?" He stared her straight in the eye, looking for some sort of reply.

She nodded slowly, the fear still running in her mind. They had found her before and it had resulted in all the chaos she was still going through, if Cole and Jason were to find her again she knew it would be much worse than it had been so far.

"Taiga!" A distant voice called.

"Go, have your supper." Leonardo ushered her out of the room before escaping back to his office.

He would find them, but it was proving an incredibly difficult task. Although he had many connections and influences over the police, they still didn't seem to know much more than anyone else which made Leo all sorts of nervous.

How could two people, one knocked out cold and another beaten, just disappear with no trace? Cole and Jason were the scum of the earth, tormenting a poor child and Leonardo wanted nothing more than to tear them to pieces and the longer they were missing, the more irate he got.

Downstairs, Miguel had called Taiga down for supper, one of the things she was dreading. As she appeared, she noticed Diego leaned against the kitchen countertop, lazily munching on some chips whilst Miguel was setting out the food.

Upon noticing her, Miguel beamed.

"Hey, gatita, come sit down." He smiled and motioned towards a chair with her meal set out neatly.

Weakly, she tried to smile back but it was more of a grimace and Miguel could tell. She sat down and instantly began picking at her food.

"What's the matter with you?" Diego piped up, observing her behaviour.

Taiga shrugged in reply - she wanted to tell them her problems, she wanted them to comfort her, she wanted to ask for help but was it really okay for her to do so? Trust was something she knew wasn't easy to give and although she adored her brothers, her insecurities would always be a part of her.