SEVEN

Miguel stood shocked

There she was - his baby sister covered in a disturbing history of abuse. How could he have missed it?

She had been shy and jumpy, but he believed it was just because she was settling in. Now, he knew it was so much more than that.

Taiga, on the other hand, felt utterly humiliated. Every single effort of shielding her brothers from her life had been hurled out the window now that Miguel had seen her. Hastily, she snapped to her senses.

"Get out." She said in a low whisper. She already knew she was being quite rude to her brother that had been nothing but nice to her by however, she needed to be alone and wanted to hide urgently.

He didn't move. He wanted to stay and talk - talk about everything she'd been through, for not even he knew the extent. But he also knew that there must've been a reason for her hiding from them and he didn't want to force anything.

"Please." Uttered the broken girl in front of him, desperate for some privacy to brace herself for what was to come.

Although he was hesitant, he turned and left her room, softly clicking the door shut.

With purpose, he swiftly stormed towards Leonardo's office - he needed to know. At times, he seemed the most cold but he was forced to take on the parental role.

Their father was never home and their mother left and passed away. The heavy responsibility to guarantee his younger siblings' safety fell on his shoulders.

Leonardo was silently typing away at his computer, the light clicking of the keys filling the dark interior of the office. Running a business at the age of twenty five wasn't easy, however there was no other choice. He had to take over the business for his father in order for the others to have a say in the path of their future.

Hearing loud, approaching footsteps, he glanced upwards just in time to catch Miguel opening the door with a solemn look on his face.

Leo seemed to be the most perceptive brother and knew at once whatever was causing his brother's turmoil was not of common occurrence.

"Taiga?" He asked Miguel, his instincts screaming that the matter at hand would be about their sister.

The storm cloud above his head seemed to grow darker as he took a seat in front of his elder brother. He was tentative about how to tell him what he saw but soon, he broke down in a flurry of words.

"Oh god, I-I don't know anymore Leo!" He suddenly exclaimed, not quite making any sense.

Leonardo gave his brother an inquisitive stare, beckoning him to continue but behind that, his worry was building. What could've happened to Taiga that made Miguel so troubled?