FIVE

It had felt like decades since Taiga had last spoken to her brothers

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It had felt like decades since Taiga had last spoken to her brothers.

That incident had left a sour taste in everyone's mouths and the air that had settled in the house was full of tension and discomfort. Mysteriously, everyone had managed to avoid one another and communication had been kept to the minimum.

Rafael and Diego had been sulking, a gloomy cloud constantly hanging over their heads. They knew they'd been too harsh and regretted their actions, however neither understood how to apologize properly, even when Taiga had locked herself away.

Her appointment at the doctors was long overdue and, because of the recent events, her eating had rapidly declined. But no one could get her to leave her dark sanctuary - the curtains permanently closed and the lights never on.

Frequently, Miguel and Pablo would try and bring her food, only to be greeted with a silent rejection. It was difficult attempting to pull her out of her continuous spiral into oblivion but they couldn't do anything until she let them.

One morning, Pablo softly tapped on her door although he knew he wouldn't get an answer. He entered her unlit room and knelt by her bed.

Like Miguel, he was a kind hearted, soft spoken boy that selflessly thought of others before himself. But unlike the second eldest, Pablo was less controlling and very studious.

Taiga was sitting cross legged on the middle of her bed, facing the wardrobe that was adjacent to it. Once again, her eyes were emotionless and looking at nothing in particular as she was deep in thought.

"Are you turning into a slut now?"

"Care to explain why you were whoring around?"

"You stupid idiot."

She recalled how she'd been talked to by the brothers that vowed they'd be there for her. That they wouldn't hurt her. That she could trust them. Yet as quickly as they came into her life, they managed to break her trust.

What would she do now? Of course, 'forgive and forget' was an obvious option, but it was hardly ever so straightforward. Had she been more cautious about placing her belief in these boys, maybe she wouldn't be so hurt by this.

"Taiga?" Her thoughts were interrupted by Pablo who was looking up at her with wide eyes, silently begging her to talk to him.

She didn't reply and remained still. Of course he didn't do anything bad to her, but she had already shut out everyone, afraid that history would repeat itself and she'd end up damaged yet again.

"Please, cariño, talk to me." He continued pleading with her, tired of sitting idle and watching his sister in mental torment.

He desperately took a hold of her hands, staring up at her to see if she would have any reaction or reveal some emotion but nothing happened.