Chapter Thirteen : The Sacrifice

AN

Poorly written fight scene.

(S/C) - Skin Color

(D/H)- Dominant Hand

_______________________________________

A small sigh escaped my lips as another rose wilted rose laid limp in my hand. I eyed the flower a bit confused before dropping it. The brown petals breaking off and vanishing with the wind. My wings flapped a bit to keep me airborne.

"What's wrong?" Eros asked as he loaded another arrow peering down at the people below us.

"Another one died," I responded showing him my empty palm. He looked over at my hand with a look of concern on his face.

He looked back at the ground before releasing his arrow. He held his bow in one hand before turning back at me.

"Let's try one more," Eros said pulling out another bright red rose from his pocket. I frowned but took the rose from him.

Within a matter of seconds, it had decomposed tipping over to one side lamely. "It died again," I mumbled releasing the dead rose.

Eros hummed in agreement his red eyes watching the rose wither into nothingness. "Let's try something else," Eros said before holding out his free hand to me.

I tilted my head confused by the sudden action. I looked to Eros to explain but he only offered a small smile.

"Just grab my wrist. I'll be able to figure out what's wrong if you do that." He explained inching his hand closer to me.

"Okay." I agreed knowing there was no way out of this. I grabbed his wrist that was oddly warm and soft. I turned it over in my palms a few times before Eros yanked it away from me. My wings fluttered in response as they did their best to keep me straight. "What was that about?"

Eros didn't respond only staring at his wrist. I was looking at it too noticing his usually fair skin was a bit black on the wrist I had touched. It had spread a bit to the palm of his hand and disappeared up his white sleeve.

Eros frowned watching in confusion before looking at me. "Are you sick?" He asked me reaching out to touch my forehead before pulling back abruptly. The back of his hand was now black.

"I don't feel sick." I frowned still confused at what was happening.

"Have you been sleeping well?" Eros asked me ignoring the black spots on his hands.

"I haven't really been sleeping," I admitted rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly.

I felt two hands on my shoulders making my wings flap at the sudden weight. Eros was in front of me with a concerned frown on his face.

"Is it nightmares again?" He asked me.

I shock my head. "Mr.Muffin showed me something and I've only been able to explore it at night. I sometimes stay in there a lot that time flys by."

"What did he show you?" Eros asked letting go of my shoulders.

"Daedalus's Labyrinth," I responded without hesitation.

"That giant maze?" Eros questioned as he looked at his darkened hands. "So, this is happening because you haven't been sleeping? There has to be something else."

I tilted my head thinking about something that has changed recently. "I haven't been eating a whole lot either."

"What?" Eros asked looking a lot more concerned at that piece of information.