Chapter Twelve - Where's (F/N)?

3rd Point Of View

Annabeth was quite distressed today though she would never admit it out loud.

It was close to summer so many campers were slowly trickling into camp. And since she was a camp counselor it was up to her to make sure her sibling had enough activities to stay busy. While this wasn't anything new, it meant she wouldn't have any extra time for (F/N).

It didn't seem to matter since the young girl seemed to be a bit more independent lately. Annabeth couldn't even remember the last time she had even spoken to the young girl. She mostly blamed her busy schedule and (F/N)'s the mysterious instructor.

So, to compensate for this Annabeth wanted to spend the day with (F/N). It would good for both of them. Annabeth could babysit her, because if Annabeth was busy then Luke would be drowning in work with his cabin, and it would be good for (F/N) to show someone what she's learned so far.

Well, that was Annabeth's plans until she realized she would have to look for the rather elusive half-blood.

"Where would she be at?" Annabeth pondered out loud. It shouldn't be that hard to find her. "Probably by Thalia's Tree."

Annabeth let out a sigh before making her way up to Camp Half-Blood hill. She couldn't even count how many times she had caught (F/N) on this hill next to Thalia's Tree. And sometimes if Annabeth was quiet enough, she swore she even heard (F/N) talking to it. Almost like she was talking to someone else.

Annabeth felt a cold chill run up her spine at the thought. Then again (F/N) was around the age when kids would develop imaginary friends. She did have a habit of talking to Mr.Muffin the (f/c) butterfly, Annabeth didn't know why the young girl decided to name the butterfly that.

(F/N) was a very odd girl if Annabeth had to be honest. Not in a bad way since most half-bloods are rather quirky in their unique way. (F/N) just had her unique quirks. Like how she seemed to click with Mr.D even though he hates all the other campers. It was an odd sight to see a little girl playing Go Fish with the god of wine on the porch of the Big House.

Annabeth let out a sigh as she observed the empty hill. (F/N) wasn't by Thalia's Tree. Her grey eyes lingered on the pine tree feeling a tinge of sadness.

"Why does she come here?" Annabeth questioned pulling her eyes away from the pine tree. This spot was where her best friend had sacrificed herself to save Annabeth, Luke, and Grover. Now her tree can protect all half-bloods. It was rather bittersweet.

Annabeth rested her palms against the pine tree looking down at its roots.

"Thank you." She mumbled before turning on her heel heading back to camp.

Usually if (F/N) wasn't on Camp Half-Blood Hill she was by Luke. But nowadays that was a rare occurrence since Luke seemed preoccupied with something. Annabeth didn't know what it was but judging by the dark circles under his eyes it wasn't too hard to guess.

(F/N) and Luke had an odd bond that Annabeth would never have with the young girl. Luke treated (F/N) like he did her when she was younger. While (F/N) seemed to cling to Luke like a shield. (F/N) was a bit shy when she first arrived and Luke was a natural at calming young kids. Whether it was the intention or not it was clear Luke had adopted (F/N).

Annabeth found Luke in the Arena with a few other Hermes kids and a couple of unclaimed kids.

"And that's why celestial bronze is more deadly than normal mortal weapons," Luke said finishing whatever speech he was conducting. Most of the kids were leaning on each other's shoulders asleep. Luke sighed before glancing over his shoulder at Annabeth. His blue eyes widened slightly before turning back to the group of kids. "Practice sword fighting." He ordered.