Chapter One - Family Dinner

"(F/N), stop!" My hands paused as I looked at Mommy's concerned (E/C) eyes. I felt a pinged of guilt as I looked at her. I lowered my hands revealing my dirty palms.

My back hurt, itching and aching uncomfortably. It felt like someone was taking a large needle and slowly pulling it out in the most painful way possible. My nails were full of skin some with a bit of blood nothing too serious.

"It itches," I said my hands subconsciously inching closer to my back to relieve me of my itching. Mommy was quick to grab both of my hands with her bigger ones.

She sighed turning me around and lifting up my (F/C) sweater in order to address the wound. "Its nothing too serious." She mumbled to herself pressing her cold hands to the wound. I shivered from the touch, it made my back ache less. "I'll just need to bandage it again. Stay and don't scratch."

I nodded feeling my sweater being lowered as she left on the search for bandages in the bathroom. I leaned back on the wooden chair swinging my legs back and forth patiently. My back was throbbing silently ordering me to scratch it again but I ignored it by looking around the small apartment. The walls that lead outside were a dark red brick while the interior was a light brown color. On the walls, there were a few pictures of family members, Mommy and myself. 

My eyes landed on a picture that hung next to the door. It was of my Mommy and a man. Mommy was wearing her white coat and her (E/C) eyes were shining in happiness as her (H/C) hair was tied into a high bun. The man next to her was handsome. He had long black hair, tan skin, and he was skinny. Mommy had her arm wrapped around the man's shoulder as he held her by her waist. His honey-colored eyes were scrunched up slightly with a small smile on his face.

I've always found the picture fascinating. Mostly because I've never seen the man before but I felt connected to him like I had met him before. And the fact Mommy would sometimes stare at the photo for hours without moving. Sometimes if Mommy was mad she would throw the photo at the wall right before getting a new frame for the picture.

And on the rare occasion mommy drank that nasty stuff, she would cradle the picture like a baby and start rambling to it like it was a person.

"I'm back," Mommy called out holding out a roll of bandages. She kneeled next to me lifting up my shirt to roll the white bandages around my chest.

I stood still doing my best to stay still with my eyes focused on the picture. "Mommy who is that man?" I asked her pointing at the man from the picture.

I heard mommy sigh from behind me. She tugged on the bandages making sure they were tight. "Your dad." She said.

"My dad," I said tilting my head curiously.

"Yep." She confirmed lowering my sweater back down. "You're a like him, personality-wise."

I turned in my seat to look at her. "Really?"

She smiled ruffling my (H/C) hair affectionately. "Really."

I looked back at the picture. My thoughts were interrupted by knocking at the door. Mommy was quick to get the door to reveal two people Sally and a young boy by her side.

"Sally," Mommy said pulling the brunette into a hug. She pulled away to address the boy. "And Percy Jackson. You've gotten taller. What are your ten now?"

"Twelve." Percy corrected accepting mommy's hug. I got out of my chair to approach the mother and son at the door. Once mommy and Percy pulled away, Percy directed his sea-green eyes onto me. "Hey (F/N), you have gotten bigger."

"Th-Thanks." I felt my cheeks turning slightly red at the compliment.

"Well come in dinner is done, (F/N) helped," Mommy said pulling me aside so the two could walk in. We sat at the table. Mommy and Sally sat next to each other with Percy and me on the other side. I kept my (E/C) eyes on the older boy.

Death Girl [Nico di Angelo X Fem!Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें