Chater Sixteen - Bed Time

Despite my soaking wet cloak, my wings and clothes underneath we're completely dry. I was surprised to find this out as I peeled off the black fabric. I grimaced slightly when it made a slopping sound as it hit the wooden floor of the Big Cabin.

Chiron watched with a patient smile as I tossed my soaked cloak near the warm fireplace hoping it would warm up faster.

Annabeth had left with Percy's unconscious body. While Grover laid on the floor peacefully curled up into a fetal position. The saytr would often mumble something about cheesy enchiladas.

"Mr.D has caught me up with everything that's happened these
last couple of months." Chiron started when I took a seat in front of Mr.D's desk. The god was currently shuffling a deck of cards intending to start some game.

I nodded not wanting to look at the centaur. It was odd, seeing both him and Percy again. The last time I saw Percy, I was just an odd girl but now I'm a weird demigod. When Chiron last saw me I was just a demigod, but now I was a dangerous demigod.

Chiron sighed seeing that I didn't seem to be responding to him. "Thank you for leading Percy here."

I gave another nod watching as Mr.D dealt out cards to all of us.

"Goldfish." Mr.D said dealing out seven cards to all of us. Mr.D was more investing in gaming than Chiron's attempts at comforting me.

Angelina scoffed from behind me. She leaned near my head silently observing my cards. "What a kids game."

I ignored her and focused on my cards. I slid my one pair upside down on the wooden desk.

Mr.D put down two pairs with a small smirk on his face. I frowned glancing at my five mismatched cards.

Angelina had moved around to the desk to stand behind Mr.D's desk. She was smirking smugly as she peered at the god's cards.

"He has a four, three, and an ace." She informed me.

"Youngest goes first." Mr.D said catching my attention. I stared down at my cards looking for one that matched with the one, Angelina told me.

"Mr.D do you have any Aces?" I asked watching in slight amusement as the god held the card towards me. I leaned forward easily swiping the card away from him. Angelina stood by me looking quite pleased with herself.

"You're lucky I hate him more than I hate you." Angelina told me.

I tilted my head at her backhanded way of threatening me. "You can't even talk to him." I mumbled under my breath but Angelina heard me as her lips were pulled into a displeased frown.

"(F/N), do you have any sixes?" Chiron questioned.

"Go fish." I replied watching the centaur pull a card from the pile.

"I would have found a way." Angelina retorted walking to Chiron and peering over his shoulder. "He has eight cards now."

"How are your Latin lessons going?" Chiron asked as we waited for Mr.D to pick one of us.

"Good." I replied wondering if I should mention Mr.D told me not to say certain words in front of him. "I can hold a conversation now."

Chiron smiled pleased with the information. "I hope he hasn't taught you any bad words." Oh, are those the words I'm not supposed to say in front of Chiron?

I glanced at Mr.D who was staring at his cards with a thoughtful frown. "Chiron do you have any fours?" He asked glancing at the centaur.

Chiron complied handing the god one of his cards.

"Now he's back down to seven." Angelina dutifully noted. "He does have a seven."

"Mr.D do you have any threes?" I asked gaining another card from the god. I placed the pair onto the desk.

Angelina glared at me displeased, like usual.

"Where did you find Percy?" Chiron suddenly asked taking a card from Mr.D who was currently drawing seven more cards from the deck.

"Near Thalia's tree." I responded deciding to be honest. "I saw a silhouette and some golden light."

"Golden light?" Chiron asked narrowing his eyes slightly.

I nodded. "And then I watched Percy kill the Minotaur."

Chiron glanced off into the distance lost in thought.

"(F/N) do you have any fives?" I pulled the card from my hand handing it to the god.

"What were you doing up so late?" Chiron asked directing his attention back to me. "Especially outside where the man-eating harpies are."

I shrugged my eyes turning to look at Angelina who was now by Mr.D and staring at his cards.

"I had a bad feeling." I could feel myself cringe at the obvious lie.

It was hard to tell if Chiron had bought my lie as he simply nodded his head. He offered a small smile that didn't seem to reach his eyes.

"I think it's time for you to go to bed." I frowned before laying my cards on the table. "You can sleep in the Big House tonight."

"Can I sleep in the library?" I asked knowing that it was the only room with a window. It also happened to be the furthest away from Mr.Ds office.

Chiron gave me a genuine smile nodding in agreement. "Of course make sure to take grab your cloak."

I nodded getting to my feet. Mr.D let out a sigh of annoyance as we didn't finish our game of Gold Fish. I didn't mind, Mr.D would probably let me win like he usually did.

After grabbing my now dry cloak, I headed down the hallway into the familiar small room with one shelf of books. I immediately closed the door behind me. I walked across the room to the small window that showed the lightning storm outside.

"Aren't you tired?" Angelina asked eyeing me cautiously.

I merely shrugged. I was a bit tired but it was mostly due to all the emotional things that had happened today. Also all the running I had to do recently.

"We can just leave tomorrow." Angelina sighed sitting on the wooden floor crossing her legs. She rested her elbows on her thighs so she could rest her head.

"I thought you wanted to get to the Underworld?" I questioned confused by the sudden change in attitude.

"Yeah, but you would be useless if you just collapsed in the middle of nowhere. Clarrise always said to stay strong you need to take care of yourself." Angelina responded with a slight smile. "That includes sleeping and regaining energy."

With a small sigh, I sat next to her on the floor. I quickly folded my cloak into a small square of a pillow. I wasn't cold so I didn't need a blanket. But I also had my wings to keep me warm.

"Are you going to sleep too?" I asked Angelina as I laid down putting my head on my folded cloak.

"I'm a ghost." Angelina pointed out sounding a bit annoyed.

I shrugged. "So? That doesn't mean you can't not sleep." I pointed out.

Angelina sighed before laying down a few feet away from me. "I hate you." She told me rolling on her side away from me.

I merely hummed in response knowing she didn't mean it. Or she did, at least she was honest with me.

____________________________________________________________________________

AN

Sorry about the short chapter! But honestly, it felt weird continuing it after all that! I'm going to try to update later today to make up the difference.

I also applaud anyone who can write an Ares kid who just doesn't act angry all the time. I don't know why, but every time I write for Angelina I just want her to punch something. But then I remember she's a ghost and she can't touch anything.

Thanks for reading!