Chapter Seventeen : Ares Children Be Like

Angelina's Point of View

I couldn't sleep that night.

It didn't help that my killer was a few feet away from me sleeping like nothing was wrong. She was asleep on her side with one of her wings covering her small form. It was an oddly cute sight, it was hard to tell she was actually the daughter of death.

I stared silently at (F/N)'s sleeping face. She wore her usual neutral face with one of her hands under her head. Below her neck and above her waist rested one of her wings that was curled up slightly. I wonder if she was using it as some kind of blanket.

Lifting one of my hands I reached forward intending to poke the feathery limb. I watched in both satisfaction and annoyance as my finger passed through her wing. But it did make the wing shift slightly as (F/N)'s body curled more into itself. (F/N)'s once calm face scrunched up slightly. She lowered her face until the bottom half was covered by her wing.

I pulled my arm back with a frown.

"Still can't touch anything." I mumbled to myself. My arm dropped to the floor silently. I never thought being dead would be so boring. There are tons of movies with ghost throwing chairs across the room. There are even movies with ghost possessing some innocent person to do their bidding.

But I couldn't touch anything or anyone. All I could do was talk and glare at a little girl who killed me. I guess there was that ghost girl by the pine tree but she seemed like a meaner version of Clarrise.

(F/N) didn't seem that bad, she was just a bit off and she's weak. Very, very weak it was actually pretty sad. She was basically a breathing ragdoll easy for anyone to bash around.

Now that I'm a ghost, I have to watch her get pushed around. Not that I minded but it would be annoying if she got hurt. Then I would lose my guide to the Underworld.

My attention was drawn back to (F/N) who was frowning and shifting around in her sleep. The wing that was hiding her rose up as she rolled onto her stomach. She dug her face into her black cloak she was using as a pillow. Once she stopped shuffling, her wing lowered towards me.

Instead of passing through me, it just laid on top of me. The wing curled up slightly as the tip rested against my side.

I ignored the slight heat in my cheeks as I sighed a bit annoyed.

"Stupid weakling." I mumbled rolled onto my back and slowly closing my eyes. Just a little bit of shut-eye isn't such a bad idea.

(F/N)'s Point of View

"Rise and shine!" A let out a small groan lifting my left-wing above my head in an attempt to block out the sunlight. "Hey, no! Bird girl wake up!"

"Why?" I asked lowering my wing slightly to see Angelina standing above me. She had her hands on her hips while she glowered over me. "What happened to getting a good night's sleep?"

Angelina rolled her eyes at my noncompliance. "That was before, it was raining outside but now it's mostly clear."

I let out a yawn as I rubbed my eyes tiredly. "Okay." I agreed grabbing my folded-up cloak. I unfolded the fabric before putting it back on, locking it in place on my shoulders. "Did you fall asleep?"

Instead of responding verbally, Angelina turned on her heel. I swore, I saw her tan cheeks turn a bit pink. "Kind of. I just laid there and thought about stuff. It was kind of like dreaming."

"That's good." I said getting to my feet. We headed out of the small room. The Big House was empty as we passed by the empty office of Mr.D. "If we leave now, we can get to Los Angeles in a couple of minutes."