Chapter Seven - Special Delivery

A yawn escaped my lips as I tiredly rubbed at my eyes. I leaned my head against the cool surface of the car window looking out into the beautiful night. "Oh much farther?" I asked looking at Luke who sat in the driver's seat.

"A few more minutes." Annabeth, who sat in the passenger seat, responded probably looking at some kind of map.

I nodded absentmindedly doing my best to fight off sleep. A tingling sensation on my arm was able to distract me as I focused on my butterfly companion.

"Have you decided what kind of candy you want from the store?" Luke asked trying to keep me awake as well. "How about some gummy worms?"

"Or Babe Ruth?" Annabeth suggested.

"I'm fine." I yawned covering my mouth. "I just want a hot chocolate or a soda."

"Hot chocolate sounds good." Annabeth agreed.

Luke hummed in agreement. I noticed the sudden presence of lights as multiple buildings appeared in the near distance. We were getting closer to a town at least. Why was camp so far away?

"Okay, then three hot chocolates, a few packs of sour gummy worms, and a couple of Babe Ruths." Luke listed off driving to the closet convenience store.

"Sour straws and Reese's," I added knowing I had a stockpile of (favorite candy) in my backpack that was next to me.

"Now you want candy?" Luke asked parking the car in the parking lot.

I shrugged before stretching out my sore arms. "Mommy said it's okay to have candy at camp."

I watched as Luke and Annabeth exchanged a look with each other. Luke started laughing while Annabeth had a disapproving look on her face.

"(F/N)." I hummed in response. "Your mom has a thing for defying literally everyone."

"No, she just defies men who think they run the world," I replied unfazed by my mommy's normal behavior that people found strange.

"That explains what happened with Apollo," Annabeth mumbled as Luke chuckled turning the keys so the car engine cut out.

"So, everyone remember the plan?" Luke asked us.

"Yep," I responded taking my seatbelt off. I patted down my pockets to make sure they were empty.

"Were just grabbing a few things," Annabeth responded calmly.

"Just stick to the plan and we'll be fine," Luke said opening his door and stepping out. Annabeth and I followed suit closing the car door behind us.

I wrapped my arms around myself to keep my body warm. It was finally December which meant it was going to be freezing cold until March.

All I wore was my (f/c) sweater, a pair of dark jeans and some shoes that used to be Annabeth's. There were like cloth red shoes that covered my ankles. Luke and Annabeth were worried about my light dressing style but it was warm enough for me.

"Annabeth you go and grab three hot chocolates," Luke ordered. I made my way around the car to stand by Luke's side. Annabeth was already next to him rubbing her hands together. "And (F/N) grab as much candy as you can and put it in here." He held out a sack about the size of my fist. "Trust me it'll hold as much candy as you can fill it with."

I nodded taking the small sack from him. Annabeth pulled out a Yankees cap from her back pocket.

"Meet back here once you have everything, okay?" Luke questioned looking at both us of seriously.

"Okay." Annabeth nodded before putting her Yankees cap on and disappearing. I stared in slight amazement.

"(F/N)." Luke called making me look into his stern blue eyes.