Chapter 32: Game of Tag (Part 9)

Location: Zion Territory; Nagafushi; Training Grounds; five years ago

"I'm done with this!" as the wooden sword flew towards the forehead of a child in lime green. Blood dripped from where it hit, but he can only bite his tongue and tremble while grabbing his dirty shirt with his hands full of blood stained bandages. His hands are full of blisters and calluses that results to scratches and cuts, causing it to bleed.

"I-I'm s-sorry... R-Rabbi Sei..." forcing to speaks, his tired eyes let out a stream of tears. The other one looked at his in disgust as he grits his teeth with brows furrowed.

"If I have to forgive you every single time, you won't get any better!" he scolded while pointing as other disciples, younger or older than the child, watch in amusement while snickering.

"How many years are you practicing the same move over and over?! Even a three year-old kid can learn how to land a clean hit! Because of you, my reputation is ruined! Do you have any ideas on how many ranks your father demoted me?!"

"I-It's m-my f-fault... I'm useless..." the child spoke in tears while sniffing as he lowered his head, "I'm s-sorry... I-I'll do better n-next time..."

"Pfft-!" the rabbi snickered, "Next time? Do you know what will happen next time?" he glared with a mocking grin. The pitiful one looked at his rabbi, his eyes instantly went blank, helplessness and fear clouded his mind.

"Thanks to an unteachable brat, I'm being exiled."

Like a lightning, those words hit him directly. He stood there, unable to avoid the menacing glare of his rabbi. Afraid of moving, as if he believes that the life he has would be taken away the moment he moves even a finger.

"He's done it again..." someone whispered to the other as the whole training ground became a place of public execution.

"Isn't this the sixth time already?"

"Every rabbi assigned to him is getting demoted! I pity Rabbi Sei, he's the one held on the longest! It has been two years!"

"Others won't even last a week, let alone a whole month!"

"Are they quitting?"

"That's what I've heard..."

"Oh my, he really is a jinx!"

"I'd better stay away from him."

"Same here..."

His rabbi took a step closer to him, as he directed his bloodlust to a small child who is already shaking in fear, with eyes wide and a deathly pale, frightened face, "I really appreciate your undying hardwork."

As he walked past to him, he continued, "May you be blessed by the True God, Young Lord Sei."

As the days passed, the young lord does not have someone to teach him in sword fighting, and because he is also not a genius, he is being hit by a rabbi's thin stick on his leg until it bleeds.

Because of his weak body, he often fall ill. There were times that he wish to fall ill for a very long time so that he wouldn't have to get hit again. However, he overheard the maids who are attending to him one day...

"My, is the young lord sick again?" a voice sounded with a hint of disbelief.

"He is! He couldn't even eat his food properly and is disgusted with the bitter taste of the tonic!" and a voice filled with complaints.

"Ha! I tell you, he's doing that on purpose just so he can lie on his bed all day!"

"Ugh, that damned jinx! We already have a lot of things to do! Why do we still have to take care of someone as useless as him?" and one who sounds irritated.