Chapter 7: Old Acquaintances (Part 2)

The old woman with many wrinkles on her face and chubby in figure starts examining him from top to bottom with eyes continuously widening and squinting while playing with the white stone on her hand.

"Complexion: Fair; Body: Looks clean and healthy; Face: Pretty indeed;" she uttered.

"How come you only got the white stone?" she asked. "Really, I don't know what that guy is thinking! I'll be putting you in Fushi then. Rank Three."

The Fushi household is divided by rankings. The higher your rank is, the higher your chance to enter the Nagafushi. First rankers are the only ones who have the chance to go in and out the Nagafushi. Second to fifth rankers are not allowed unless they excel in their work and move up the ladder.

One of the female servants held his right hand and stretched it, "Soft." She uttered. Letting go, she brushed his long hair, "Smooth." Then she stopped and blinked.

"Han Wanda-jia," she said, "Unfortunately, this boy has a scar." She showed his back to the old woman who is about to write and her hand halted before spilling the ink on the paper.

"Where did you get this scar, young lad?" she asked.

"I got it when I fell from the stairs." He answered.

"Hmph!" The Critique snubbed, "Too bad, scars are ugly. I'm putting you in the fourth rank." After filling his paper, the servant wrapped him in a red robe prepared by another servant. Grabbing the paper The Critique gave him, he lowered his head saying, "Many thanks, Han Wanda-jia." And the female servant took him through the thick red curtains.

"This way..." Han Dae's heart almost jumped out of his body when he heard a woman's voice behind him.

Asher, "Fuck!" looks like he's surprised as well.

He turned his head to see who's who and realized that it is just one of the female servants.

He is being pushed by the servant and as it happens, he is still clueless until he stood in front of The Critique. The female servant left him and she started asking questions while writing down.

Han Wanda, "Who do we have here?"

Han Dae, "I-it's Han Dae."

Her unimpressed face turned even more sour. raising a brow that just added wrinkles on her wrinkly face, she ordered him saying, "Undress."

Han Dae blinked in a wonder while Asher started cursing once again.

"Yo! Are you a perv old hag?! How many young boys have you seen naked?!" Asher exclaimed. "I can't accept this kind of method!"

Han Dae hesitantly nodded and obeyed. Asher felt the chills and uneasiness. Because he is in the same body, he feels like he is the one without clothes on. Han Dae is embarrassed as well. He is naked in front of an old hag and a lot of female servants.

She began staring at him intensely, "Stand up straight!" she exclaimed with her right hand slapping the wooden table. 

Han Dae flinched and gasped. Without a complain, he immediately stopped being shy and obeyed. What else can he do? He doesn't want to get kicked out.

Han Wanda, "Hmm..."

Her eyes began scrutinizing him down to the last detail.

"Good shape. Round eyes, I like it." She faced one of the female servants. The servant walked towards Han Dae and removed his hair ribbon. His hair slide down his elbows smoothly that somehow brightened the darkened sour face of the old lady in front of him.

The Critique's lips curved up a little, "Smooth hair I see. And the skin?"

The female servants examined Han Dae's right arm, "Soft, not blistered." Looking at Han Dae's back, "I can say that his body is flawless."