Chapter 24: Game of Tag (Part 1)

"Are you sure we're allowed to hunt?"

Two young men walk around the woods, trying to hunt something edible early in the morning. Their black hanfu brush through some leaves as their sandals pass through the green grass. The chirping of the birds and the calming flow of the lake water accompanied them in the day.

"Of course we are!" said the other, "We have been waiting for a whole day yesterday and no one came! What's so bad in ditching out for a while as well?" with a brow raised and a smirk, he shrugged his shoulders.

He cannot help but sigh, "Lao Ming-ni, oh, Lao Ming-ni. If we got caught I'll put all the blames on you."

Lao Ming faced him in disappointment, "Tck! What are you? A coward?" as he insults Lao Jaz, the other froze in surprise, wide eyes, his jaw dropped. "What?" Lao Ming asked as the other pointed forward awe.

"T-That's--!" he stuttered.

Lao Ming faced the front. Completely shocked, he gasped, leaving his mouth hanging open. Lao Jaz held his friends jaw and put it back up as they both had their eyes wide open.

In front of them are leaves connected with ropes, like a huge tent. They looked at each other and gulped. After a synonymous decision, they peek inside the green tent. There, they saw everyone sleeping soundly.

"Huh?!" Both of them exclaimed in shock, "You're kidding me!"

They entered tiptoeing, afraid that they might disturb wrong people. That can lead to instant death, you know? Of course, who would want that? 

Lao Ming freaked quietly upon seeing his beloved Yu Sam lying beside Yu Rui, hugging him. Her arms are all over the teen as she lay her head on his left arm. Yu Gaia, on the other hand, is lying on the opposite side, also clinging onto him tightly. Her sleeve slides down her shoulders as her skirt shows her thighs that are tangled with Yu Rui's legs.

"Th-This commoner bastard..." Lao Ming fumed in anger and jealousy.

Lao Jaz gave him a pat, "Chill out." He smirked, "They must've been tired--pfft--!" he held back his laugh. Seeing Lao Ming pissed made his day!

They decided to wake Yu Sam first by gently tapping her sleeping face. Blinking, she saw two handsome young men staring at her. She wiped her eyes and said, "Lao Ming-ni?" as she sits properly.

"Mhm." Lao Ming behaved like a gentleman, "Why are you here Sam-shi?"

She turned red in an instant and moved away from Yu Rui. In just five seconds, she fixed herself to look more presentable - ultraspeed self-grooming.

As soon as she finished, "Ah!" she exclaimed in a whisper, "Why aren't you here earlier?!" she approached the two once again and began shaking Yu Rui's shoulder. Lao Jaz stood and began waking up Sen Jizshuei and Sei Hana who are sleeping upside down each other.

Upon opening his eyes, he witnessed a body part he shouldn't have - the cleavage of a naughty young miss. Yu Rui sat hastily with face flushing red and covered Yu Gaia's body with his white robe.

"Y-Young Miss Yu..." he stuttered, "Wake up already and fix yourself!" he shakes her shoulder as he exclaims in a whisper.

After Sen Jizshuei finished looking presentable, he carefully and gently woke Sen Saiorse, with her brother lying next to her, closer than what it should be for an unwedded man and a woman. The scene unfolded the moment she opened her eyes. Those eyes of hers widened as her cheeks started turning red upon seeing Sen Fajra's face too close to hers.

His eyes opened the moment she moved. Yawning, he said, "Sen-shi, g'morning..."

Sen Saiorse took as seat, combing her long hair with her fingers, looking flustered, "M-Mnn... Good morning... Sen-ni..."