Chapter 8: Old Acquaintances (Part 3)

"Young Lord!" they kept shouting, "Where are you?!"

Han Dae immediately faced him and is about to ask who he was when he pulled him, locking him in an embrace. His long wide crimson sleeve covered Han Dae's entire body.

With eyes wide open in shock, Han Dae flinched when he heard footsteps approaching them and a low voice saying, "Young lord!"

The boy answered loudly with a kind voice, "I am here!"

The guards faced him sighing in relief and running towards him, "Where have you been?"

"Her Ladyship Han Freia is looking everywhere for you! She ordered a lot of us too find you immediately!"

"Mother is?" he asked.

"After the dance, Young Lord Han, disappeared so she is deeply worried."

"My, my..." Han Zeno answered. He felt Han Dae jolted so he embraced him tightly.

Han Dae's heartbeat is getting faster and louder, 'Fuck! This person is the young lord?! The one who killed a Hashi-level monster?! The one who the moon respects?! The cause of the celebration?! Don't fuck with me!'

Han Zeno felt his rapid heartbeat. Smiling, he faced the guards and laughed, "Mother is such a worrywart! Worry not, I will go back immediately."

"That's great!" the guard answered. One of them noticed Han Zeno's hand, when the clouds moved away from the moon, as if he is hiding something.

"Young lord..." he uttered, "That's...?"

Han Dae's hands tighten its grip on the Young Lord's robe, trembling.

'Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I'm so screwed!'

Han Zeno gave them a quiet chuckle, "It's something for my eyes only." he said briefly for them not to ask further.

The guard lowered his head, "I understood."

Han Dae once again flinched, 'He didn't expose me?'

Asher thought, 'What? You want a punishment?'

"Then, please young lord, go over there quickly— "

Han Zeno laughed, "I will! I will! Who are you now? My mother?"

Other guards laughed as well and is about to take their leave. Then Han Zeno asked, "Where are you going?"

One of them answered, "Back to our post. We are from the gates, and these two are from the bridge."

Han Zeno smiled at them, "You all should have fun too. Go get your food over there and eat, afterwards, you can go back to your duties again."

"For real?!" All of them exclaimed and Han Zeno nodded. They rejoiced and chatted among themselves before facing him once again.

"Alright! I will take some for my family!"

"Can we drink some liquor too?!"

Han Zeno, "As long as you don't get tipsy."

"Whoo!" one of the guards exclaimed, "Our young lord is the best!"

"All hail Young Lord Han Zeno!"

Han Zeno blushed, still keeping his composure, "T-that's embarrassing!"

After a while, the guards left giving Han Dae a time to sigh in relief. Trying to push Han Zeno to escape his embrace, Han Zeno tightened it that made him nervous once again.

"When did you arrive in Fushi?" Han Zeno asked with a serious tone.

"J-Just this morning..." Han Dae uttered. His nervousness is getting intense, especially now that he cannot he the face of the person he is talking to.