Chapter 20: Resistance

T'was the Saphirus Sen Tribe before – a den of demons ruled by those with high ranks. The demon lord in the area carried his young petite daughter. He has a goatee and a muscular built, ash gray in color, black eyes and golden pupils with long white wavy hair.

They took a stroll in the area. Dark? Not in the least. They are living a life similar to a human. They can be bathed with sunlight and can interact properly. The only difference between them and the humans are their looks and strength. He caught a glance on a white daisy planted on their garden.

The flower was beautifully placed, healthy and attractive. He picked it and gave it to the daughter he is carrying. "Listen well Alba," he said with his deep and low voice of his.

"All of this place shall be given to you when you've become a fine lady." He smiled kindly at his daughter who is smelling the flower. She giggled happily, "Father will give this place to me?"

He moved his head, nodding. Grabbing the flower, the male put it as an ornament on the little one's hair.

"Of course!" he said confidently, "You are my one and only child, who else could take it? Huh?" he jokingly said while playing with her hair and tossing her above ground as she laughs and giggles.

He carried her properly once again and said, "So, you've got to promise this old geezer to take his place as the demon lord and make him proud!" he grinned while rubbing her hair.

"I will! I will become a saintess that father can be proud of!" she answered giggling, "I will take care of father's hard work!"

"That's my child!" her father chuckled while messing with her hair once again.

Those are the things she promised, but not once were they fulfilled.

It was the night of the same day. But the same scenery is nowhere to be found. It was pure chaos. The flowers are burning the houses are collapsing - everything is turning to ruins.

The first Lord of the Saphirus Sen Tribe attacked the demons without a warning. All off them felt endless anguish. They are bothered and horrified. This is the hell made by humans. And she, she who is running, finding her beloved father, can see and hear everything.

The cries of her people, the destruction of her home.

She ran past through everything in a daze as she holds back her tears. Mother demons begging for mercy, soldier demons getting defeated. She didn't spare a thought about them - no one will spare them anyway. She only wants her father. She knows that she will meet him again, just a little more. Only a turn and she will meet him already.

Then she will give him a big hug, like how she used to.

Alas! She did arrive to the forest where her father always stay before going to bed, looking at the stars, thinking of his dead wife.

She met him...

She met him but...

It was all over from there. Her father was pierced by a sacred weapon, a huge bright blue spear has impaled him. She covered her mouth tightly as her eyes watered with her pupils shrunk as her tiny body trembles.

"F-Father...?" she uttered quietly in both shock and fear.

However, that was loud enough for him to hear. He eyed his daughter and mouthed without a sound.

'Run' he moved his mouth with blood dripping from it, 'Run and save yourself!'

Tears escaped her eyes. The white flower on her hair fell on the ground getting stained by the red liquid underneath. She cried and turned her back away from him and left...