Remembering

*If you ever see the name Jackson, that's the name I originally wrote this story with, so just pretend it is your name*

Y/n: Your name
N/n: Nickname
L/n: Last name

Y/n Pov

    "Nooooooo!" I woke up screaming, remembering what my nightmares were about. I had been having them for a year, ever since my life practically imploded, and everytime I wake up screaming his name I get sad, and then I feel a pang of guilt, then anger. It was my fault and nothing I did could change that.

Flashback

    I was hanging out with Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy when my police radio warned us that the police were raiding Fisk tower, there had been allegations but the cops were waiting for a warrant, and today was the day they striked. I was a Spider-Man, same with Peter and Gwen so we headed to the tower ready for a fight. After making fools out of a few of kingpin's lackeys we headed to the top of the tower to face Fisk. we battled for what seemed like hours. Kingpin was a big man but he could still keep up with all 3 of us. 

I kept getting tired, so much so that Fisk was able to send me flying into a wall. With me down he turned and attacked Peter and Gwen at the same time, even though they were far apart. Me and Gwen were dating, and she was the first one I saw so I chose to save her, when I was bringing Ghost Spider to safety my spider sense went off and I turned to Peter. Fisk was about to slam his fists down on the man and I tried to pull Peter out of the way with my webs, but of course I had no fluid left.

    I watched Kingpin slam his fists on my best friend and then escape as I ran to Peter and took my mask off. "No, Peter." I said to him on the verge of tears. "Come on man, don't leave me, please". "It's okay Y/n." Peter replied, wiping away my tears. "It's my time but I will always be with you. Thank you for being my friend, Spiderman". Those were the last words Peter said to me. I held his body in my arms and I broke. "No,no,no,no,NO!" I yelled "PETER!!"

flashback ends

    I got dressed and went to the kitchen to make cereal when I got a call from my best friend. "Hey Luke" I answered "Hey man, how'd you sleep?" he asked "did you get nightmares again?" "You know it" i replied "so what is the real reason for this call?" "I got some new gadgets for you to try out." he said. Luke knew about my spider powers, hell he made one of my suits and some of my tech.  "And Y/n," he said "Have you talked to gwe-" "No, don't say her name, I can't think about her right now" I said angry and hung up.

Flashback
    Gwen had to drag me out of Peter's death scene. I didn't want to go but I had to. Gwen took me back to my apartment and got me clothes to change into. I was in shock, couldn't function. "Y, YN!" she yelled "Wha- oh sorry" I said startled and reached for the clothes Gwen had in her hand, and went to shower. I was still in shock, don't know how long I just stood under the water, but I came out to Gwen on the couch crying.

    "Hey, Gwen" I said, trying not to startle her. "Hey Y/n," she responded "I need to talk to you, i've been thinking since you were in the shower"

"Yeah"
"I'm breaking up with you"
"What!"
"I know that were both sad, but tonight made me realize what I would do if I lost you"
"No Gwen please, don-"
"Y/n, I have to do this, I can't lose you, Not like Peter. I don't want to do this but I have to"
"Gwen, please. I love you"
"And if you really do, you will let me go'' she said walking towards the door. "Gwen," I said, with a tear running down my cheek. She had her hand on my door. "One last kiss?" Gwen walked to me and we kissed, I didn't feel like long, and I knew it wouldn't last, so I embraced it and cherished it like it was the last kiss we would ever share. and that's because I knew it would be.

Gwen Pov

I walked down the street back to my apartment, didn't even feel like swinging back. I was just so sad, I lost 2 of my best friends that night, but after Peter, I couldn't risk losing Y/n. I had to do this for myself

Flashback Ends

Y/n Pov

    I came out of the flashback and I didn't realize that I had overflowed my milk, by a lot. I cleaned it up and as I was walking to get my jacket off the couch I saw my song book, I had always been musical, Gwen knew that and after she broke up with me I had written a lot of songs, poured my soul into them. Most were about Gwen, but I dont think I'll ever have the courage to sing them in front of people. I pushed the thought out of my head and went to school.