"I know but your body is still human, you still feel pain. So please! Don't be too reckless on your missions, okay?!"

She spoke with comedic tears in her eyes and a worried look that's really similar to my Dad's. Of course they'd look similar, they're siblings.

Aunt Hanabi knows the dangers of being a Jujutsu Sorcerer because she's a sorcerer herself, and she knows very well that it's not a job where you can be laid-back.

When you're a jujutsu sorcerer, you take life-threatening risks for the sake of protecting humankind who doesn't even know you exist.

Jujutsu sorcerers don't know when will be their last. Jujutsu Sorcerers don't know if they'll still be able to see the light of day after encountering a cursed spirit. They might lose their comrades and people they care about because they are affiliated with cursed spirits.

You lose people that are important to you for the sake of humanity.

But don't worry, my parents are still alive ;D

They're just always out doing their missions as Jujutsu sorcerers, note the word 'always'. They're always very busy with their job, they have another mission after another which made them have little to no time to spend with me but it's fine! I think...

Anyway, I understand why they're barely at home. Great power comes great responsibility, right?

And because they're Special Grade Sorcerers, I completely understand why they're busy, like very busy. Those two are very destructible if they fight together, they're quite known as the power couple. If they're dealing with a Special-grade curse, they need to be together.

And we belong to the Sunako clan, our ancestors are known for their contribution to sealing the King of Curses and for their power-gifted children. So being born into a famous clan puts a lot of pressure on the shoulders.

Though fortunately, my parents don't force me to become the ultimate perfection at a very young age like every other parent in the fan-fiction world. They don't degrade me for failing to execute a technique, they just tell me to train harder. They're just...chill, which I think is cool.

But, they do get real strict when I am about to perform a dangerous and risky cursed technique. Because if you're going to perform such technique and fail, you'll end up hurting yourself instead of the enemy.

So since they're always out in their missions, my Aunt Hanabi is the one watching over me, she's no younger than 30. She has her own house far from the House Sunako, where all the Sunako family members reside. But she wanted to live comfortably, so she bought herself a house because she doesn't want be surrounded by a family member every second of the day.

Hanabi thinks it's 'suffocating'.

It's not that she hates her family. I think she just doesn't like the feeling of always being watched based on what she told me. Hanabi may look like a woman that wouldn't hurt a fly but no one wants to mess with her, she's a Grade 1 sorcerer. She can whoop yo ass in a flash.

I grabbed my young Aunt Hanabi's calloused hands and held them between mine then gave her a determined look.

"Aunt Hanabi, I promise that I'll be stronger to have better control of myself and protect you when you need me because if it wasn't for you, I'd probably still be in that scary basement"

I chuckled right after and she does the same. I felt her body relax before she gazed at me with her kind, heterochromatic eyes of light green on the left side and hot pink on the right side, and then she smiled at me.

"You shouldn't worry about me (Name)-chan, I'm a grade 1 sorcerer for heaven's sake! I can protect myself. You need to go or you're gonna be late for your interview"