Episode 6.5

"So I guess I admire you, Inumaki-senpai. Hehe"

You said with a nervous look, you sounded bashful and shy but none of those emotions are evident on your face, only in your voice.

But nonetheless, Inumaki still found himself blushing as his cheeks began to feel warm and his insides were giddy. Inumaki tried to find the words to reply to your...compliment? Confession? But he apparently found none so he ended up a stuttering mess in his 'own' language.

You chuckled at his predicament for a moment before you stopped and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Calm down, Inumaki-senpai! Don't take it the wrong way"

You attempted to calm him down and made it clear to him that what you just said are just nothing but a mere compliment. Inumaki simply looked away and zipped his collar back up with a red face and furrowed eyebrows.

You conversed with him for a little more, (asking about his ability most of the time) and you came to realize that he can be quite funny, only if you understand his 'language'. But he can also show his humor through actions. You would laugh softly at him.

Inumaki somehow mentioned Yuta Okkotsu and said that he used to be such a scaredy-cat in his first year but he has improved a lot now. He said it's like Yuta isn't the same person he knew in the early years of school anymore.

The curiosity that has bubbled up within you about Yuta for such a long time and has been quietly hiding in the back of your mind is making you wonder what, who and just how strong is this Yuta Okkotsu? 

Why is his name always leaving the lips of almost everyone in your clan?

No longer interested in the conversation about the mystery guy, you decided to excuse yourself politely and leave Inumaki.

"It was nice getting to know you, Inumaki-senpai. See ya around then"

You briefly bid your farewell and so did he, and left Inumaki just as you intended. You head back to the stairs and continued to walk around the campus. Your thoughts were plagued with how and where Itadori is now, and the short flash of memories of your distant childhood past.

A childhood that you wish you never had.

'Enough with these thoughts, (Name) Sunako'

You stopped in your tracks and calmly breathed in and out. You noticed that your breathing was a bit ragged, indicating that you are starting to feel emotionally heavy and that's bad news for a person with an uncontrollable cursed energy like you.

'I want to be elsewhere and release all this stress before it gets out of hand'

You thought as you looked up at the sky with a hand hovering over your annoyed face. You looked down again and scanned the area, looking for the exit. You want to have some fun, so you decided to go back to where your fellow students are currently training.

While you were heading there, you got a shiver that suddenly ran up your spine.

'Is it a cursed spirit? Is someone trying to assassinate me?'

You calmly looked around cautiously with a scowl.

But there was no one around. You don't see anyone and you don't sense anyone or any cursed spirit. There were just trees and the wind passing by.

"What the hell is up with all these sensations? It's starting to bug me"

You muttered and rubbed the back of your neck in an attempt of reassurance that it's probably nothing and just human body things.

But you couldn't help but think that maybe she has done something without letting you know while you were asleep on Fushiguro's back. The only time she can be in control is when you're unconscious. The thought made you scowl even more.

"I just hope it's nothing too troublesome"

You said with an exasperated sigh. 

You quietly walked back to the open area and saw them still there, including Inumaki, except they were not training anymore but just sitting on the stairs. They are probably having a conversation amongst themselves. You decided to listen in for a while.

They might be talking about you. 

You can't have anyone talking about you behind your back again.

"It's true that weapons are helpful in close combat but I need my hands free for my cursed technique. With swords, you lose time sheathing them"

'Seems like they're just talking casually. There's nothing worth eavesdropping for'

But you still wanted to wait in the shadows for a little more in hopes that you'll hear something actually worth blackmailing them for fun. But sadly, it is just as you thought, they're just talking casually.

So you walked out of the shadows quietly.

"Some sorcerers use cursed spirits that can store and retrieve objects"

"He can't do that. It's a rare thing. And it takes time to tame them, as well"

"You find taming spirits difficult?"

You suddenly interrupted their circle of conversation. Your mischievous voice reached their ears, earning a surprised look on their faces. None of them sensed you coming nor heard footsteps. 

You then took a seat on the step that was a couple of steps away from Fushiguro, and the same confident smile adorned your lips.

'How on earth does this woman conceal her presence?'

'I did not hear her at all. Not even footsteps'

'She's starting to give me the creeps'

'Mustard leaf'

"They're actually quite easy to tame to be honest"

You said to them.

"Oh yeah?"

Maki asked with a hint of spite in her voice, you only smiled at her.

"Definitely, and I am a shikigami user myself"

"We weren't talking about taming just any cursed spirit, we were talking about a type of cursed spirit that carries weapons"

Maki confidently corrected you before she looked away, she felt a bit prideful that maybe you'll change your mind and admit that those types of cursed spirits are indeed hard to tame. And that she's going to hear you apologize to her for your behavior way back earlier. Walking away instead of immediately apologizing. 

"Ooh, I have that kind of shikigami!"

"Eh?"

A/N

Hello Hello!! I have returned, sorry for the long updates I just didn't have the motivation to write. THANK YOU FOR THE 20k+ READS AND VOTES!!!!! <3 <3

Let me ask one thing tho:

What exactly do you readers like in this fic? 

Just curious cuz I thought this is just a basic ass "x reader" fic. didn't expect this to receive much attention. lol