Episode 2.1

"My student and that pretty girl are watching, so I'm going to show off a little" 

Sukuna growled as he continuously tried to land an attack on the confident Gojo. They continued fighting while you and Fushiguro are still on the ground watching them fight. It was silent between the both of you and you have something to say to him, so you decided to break the silence.

"Fushiguro?"

He didn't respond, he just gave you the cold shoulder, completely ignoring you. A bead of sweat came rolling down your cheek, noticing that he isn't interested in talking to you at all.

'He's still probably mad at me for acting so rashly earlier'

"Look, I apologize for my actions earlier. I just can't think straight when I get in such stressful and pressure situations"

He still didn't respond.

"You know what, if you don't want to talk it's okay. I just want to let you know that I feel bad for what I did earlier"

You said and you moved a bit to the side to create distance from him since he doesn't seem to like to talk, so you watched Sukuna and Gojo fight. It was after seconds of silence that he finally spoke up in a monotone voice.

"Why are you telling me this? I don't even know you"

"Because I don't want a stranger to assume bad things about me. I also don't want to keep any tension between us. The mere thought of it makes my skin crawl"

He didn't reply again, you didn't care if he was going to respond or not anymore so you sighed and stood up before finally backing away from him.

Fushiguro wasn't ignoring you actually, he is listening. He's just busy in his own thoughts of what happened in a single night. He's mostly pissed that the mission did not go well at all as he thought it would be, simply because a bunch of clueless students thought it was a good idea to take the cursed object and a stranger that got in the way of his work.

'They'll probably exorcise Itadori after this'

He thought before he began to think about the pinkette's situation more deeply. Itadori just sacrificed a part of his humanity for the sake of protecting him and his friends like what you said to him, and he is going to be killed for it.

Suddenly, Fushiguro felt wrong about exorcising Itadori after what the latter did for them. He needs to find a way to allow Gojo to let Itadori continue living.

'I'm going to have to tell him about this later'

Another explosion occurred in front of the two of you, you covered yourself again from the flying debris and dust with only one arm. When you looked at the front again, you saw a lot of debris floating in the air and the ground a few steps away from you was gone. Gojo suddenly began counting up to ten and Fushiguro sighed in relief while you looked at Itadori to see if he has returned yet.

"Nine... Should be time"

After Gojo said those words, Sukuna abruptly stopped moving with a look of disbelief taking over his features.

'Damn it...again? I can't take over. Who the hell is this... Itadori... brat?'

Those were Sukuna's last thoughts before Itadori took control of his own body again.

"Oh, was everything okay?"

Itadori asked so casually and you looked at him with wide eyes at how he can simply switch in and out with Sukuna as if it happens on a daily basis.

"Whoa! You're so cool Itadori, switching with that wretched curse like it was nothing"

You complimented him making him blush and confused at the same time, he scratched the back of his neck shyly as he thanked you for the compliment. Meanwhile, Gojo dropped the floating debris and spoke to Itadori with an amused tone.

"I'm shocked. You really can control it"

"He's kind of annoying, though. I can hear his voice"

You are now in complete utter shock at how Itadori is taking in all of this so calmly. You didn't take it nicely when you first experienced this kind of thing, well, you were still a kid back then.

'Has he already done this before?'

You thought and a weird feeling of envy began circling inside you. Envious that Itadori is not having a breakdown about what he has become after eating Sukuna's finger while you had to find out yours in a hard way.

'I kind of envy him'

"It's a miracle that's all he's doing"

Gojo approached Itadori as he raised one hand and when he got closer to him, he placed two fingers on his forehead before the male fainted and fell into his arms. Fushiguro saw what happened so he asked his teacher.

"What did you do?"

"Knocked him out. If he isn't possessed by Sukuna when he wakes up, he might have potential as a vessel"

He faced the both of you and asked Fushiguro.

"Now, I have a question for you. What should we do with him?" 

 It took some time for Fushiguro to answer so you took it upon yourself to give him your answer but not in Fushiguro's stead. You looked up at his blindfolded eyes and spoke in a monotone voice.

"I think Itadori Yuuji needs to stay alive"

"Ho?~ Why?"

You raised a hand towards your chest and began explaining to him.

"Just like what you said, he has the potential to become a vessel. If he's able to switch out with Sukuna that easily, then he is incredibly a huge benefit for the Jujutsu society. He could be the society's wild card"

"Hm. You have a point"

Gojo hummed as he gave it a thought. Then he looked over at Fushiguro, still waiting for his answer.

"What about you, Megumi?"

Fushiguro looked up at Gojo and finally answered after he gave it a clear thought.

"Even if he is a vessel, jujutsu regulations demand Itadori be executed. However...I don't want to let him die"

He explained as he remembered the words you said to him before: 'And he did this to save you! to save us! You can't just possibly let his sacrifice go to waste!'

"Your personal feelings?"

"Yes and because of what (Name) had told me earlier. Please do something about this"

Gojo laughed a little before hoisting Itadori up to his shoulder.

"Now it's a request from a precious student. Leave it to me!"

Gojo accepted as he gave him a thumbs up. Then he turned to you and pointed a finger at you.

"Oh by the way. So (Name) is your name, young girl?"

"Yes, I'm a—"

You confirmed but before you even knew it, Gojo teleported right in front of you and did the same thing he did to Itadori. 

"What in the fu--"

Your eyes were wide when you looked at him before you slipped away from consciousness with a sense of confusion, you were about to fall on your back but Fushiguro caught you with one arm just in time before your body could have the ground. He looked up at his teacher in confusion.

"Why did do you that to her too?"

Fushiguro asked him with his eyebrows furrowed but Gojo just smiled at him.

"I'm afraid this girl might be a cursed spirit in disguise"