Like All Pure Creatures, Cats Are Practical

Subaru struggles to contain himself as Nao sleeps, the smell of the boy's blood filling the room from his self-inflicted wound. He almost gives in but Nao's peaceful face keeps him in line. He didn't want what happened with Shuu and the boy to happen again with him. The albino did not want to betray the little trust Nao had in him.

After a few hours, the smaller male woke up calmly. Subaru quickly turns his head away as to not be caught staring at him. Nao smiles softly at the male. Even after their first encounter, he had managed to warm up to the vampire some. Of course he was still cautious. "I had a good nap. Thanks."

There is a soft blush and a glare to hide it in response. "I didn't do anything. I was just waiting on you to wake up cause I am thirsty."

The cat boy doesn't fully believe his words, sighing softly. He wasn't sure why the albino was so insistent that he was a monster when he had been the least harmful of the brothers. "I guess I owe you one. Just try not to suck me dry." Why he offered his blood was a mystery to even Nao himself. It was almost as if he wanted Subaru to suck his blood. That wasn't something he would ever admit to though. A feeling that he wanted to get closer to the vampire had slowly bloomed since their first meeting in the rose garden.

To say the vampire was confused, would be an enormous understatement. He was so shellshocked, that he took quite a while to really understand the words said to him. Nao was pinned under him as soon as he comprehended the offer. "You. Did you not listen to what I told you before? I am the same as my brothers. I am a monster that only knows to destroy."

Again the boy under him wondered why the vampire, that was oh so bad, was giving him warnings with a concerned and pained look. "Yes, yes. I remember. You said you are very dangerous when you are thirsty right? So hurry and drink." He holds up his wrists to the albino's mouth. "Since I ate lots of good food, it should be fine."

It was hard for Subaru to understand this boy. It seemed no matter what he did, the small male was not afraid. He has beaten him and yelled and revealed his terrible nature. Still Nao looks up at him with clear, soft eyes filled with nothing but curiosity and certainty. He opens his mouth and quickly bites onto the offered wrist. The flavor that bursts into his mouth is like no other. If his heart would have been able to beat, it would be racing.

Subaru's bite is quite gentle, but he drinks quickly and feverly. The way his eyes never leave Nao's and the feeling of his cold tongue lapping at the new wound, brings a similar fever into the small male as well. The cat boy quickly covers his red face with his free arm and bites his bottom lip. Never before did he feel such a need to purr out with just a little bite. He could still feel the vampire's eyes piercing him, as if seeing every bit of him.

Cute was not a word that had ever came into the thoughts of the albino. Not until now. As he looked down at the hiding and trembling boy, that was all he could think. His fever grew to the point that it felt like his blood was boiling.

A few seconds pass, before Subaru pulls away. He didn't want to stop. The vampire wanted to plunge his fangs into all the bites left by the others and hold the boy close. A part of him wanted to drink and drink, till all of Nao's blood and the boy's life was his and his alone.

There is a soft sigh and a smile, as the cat boy moves his arm to look up at the blushing Subaru. It didn't go unnoticed that the albino had stopped before the boy felt dizzy. "You know Subaru, you say you are a monster but I don't believe it." He sits up, the vampire moving back a little to allow him to do so. Confusion can clearly be seen in his eyes. "To me, you feel more like a rose. A soft and gentle rose, protecting itself with many thorns."

Beet red, the vampire opens his mouth to say something to deny it. Yet, he couldn't think of a single thing when he was so amazed and embarrassed. "Tch. Think whatever you want." He grumbles, looking away.