Cat Nap 2

All the attention that had been on Reiji shifted to Nao, Yui scurrying back to Ayato's side as she had finished wrapping the bandage. The boy shifted uncomfortable under the gazes. "I don't have much of an explanation. It is just as you can see, I am part cat." His ears and tail twitch uncomfortably. Now that he was full and feeling better, he was realizing that he was just wearing an oversized white shirt with his tail and ears free. He grabs onto the hem of said shirt and pulls it down in an attempt to cover up more of his exposed thighs.

No one seems very satisfied with that answer, all eyes except Yui's sympathetic ones demanding more information. "I am sure you have more information to give us than that. Though there are vampires and werewolves, I found no information about any beings that possess a human body with cat traits." Reiji glares down at the boy.

Nao gives a deep sigh and rubs his eyes, this little talk couldn't have come at a worse time.

"Come on Kitten. We are all so curious.", Laito encourages.

"It is best to just get it over with. Hurry it up.", Subaru grunts, though still worried about the boy.

Shuu just lays down beside him, one eye open and watching with interest. Nao scoots away a little and wraps his tail around his body. "I get it already. Just let me figure out where to start."

"Start from the beginning." Yui says softly, moving to hold onto the distressed boy's hand in reassurance.

The beginning. . .It was hard for the boy to remember and he didn't really want to tell it to the vampires in the room. "It isn't a necessary story. If it is an explanation on what I am. I am. . ." Nao stops, biting down all the words he would use to explain it: a monstrosity, a mistake, a mess. He wouldn't give such an emotional response to them. So he puts it in the most blunt and scientific terms he can. "I am a mutant, a hybrid. I was made."

Reiji's interest peaked. "Made you say? By whom?" Nao looks around at eyes that gleamed with curiosity, some more malice than others. The bespectacled vampire's sent a shiver down his spine, they looked like that man's had.

"I don't know who. Guess they never thought to introduce themselves." Bitter sarcasm laces the words from the boy's lips. "And believe it or not, I was not conscious for the how part."

The tone in Nao's voice had gotten a few giggles from Laito, but only made Reiji angry. "You must have some idea. And what of those? Surely you know more than you are letting on." He insists, gesturing to the scars that lay underneath the boy's thin white shirt.

Nao sighs heavily. He knew there would be lots of questions, but that doesn't make it any more pleasant. At the gesturing to his scars, terrible images flash behind his eyes. It was for just a few seconds but it did not go unnoticed by those sharp eyes around him. His voice came out blunt and emotionless though. "I assume they were doctors of some sort. They seem to have used just regular cats. They would combine them with humans. And of course, thoroughly experiment on the test subjects."

"But I thought you said there wasn't anyone else like you." Yui chimes in, earning a glare from Nao.

Her flinching immediately softens his gaze and he pats her head, sighing. "There aren't."

"How could you know that for sure." Reiji glares at the boy, not buying all that he is saying.

The small male's fluffy ears flatten on his head, but he glares back. "I was the only test subject to survive the change and experiments. Most of the children died soon after or during the initial change. The few others couldn't survive the experiments."

"Then why did you?" Reiji feels there are still pieces missing. He also wanted to ask about the experiments.

There is just a shrug from the boy. "Every human and cat is different in mind and body. I'm sure those people were doing different things each time as well. They seemed to know what they were doing, so I guess they changed the things that didn't work."