Kittens Are Slow Learners 2

He grabs another towel, tossing it onto his head. Giving Yui a glance, he speaks up again. "Mind giving him some privacy." Her face turns bright red, and she nods quickly while turning away. He couldn't help but giggle a bit before he started drying off.

The silence sadly didn't last long. "What are you?" She asks quietly. Kinda rude way to put it but understandable.

"Human, partly." Nao wrapped his tail around his waist before covering it, along with the rest of his lower half, with the towel he used to dry off. "Mind if we move to my room? I need clothes."

She gives a nod and walks forward so he can get some clothes from the closet in his room. The boy wasn't too surprised to see it now held a few items. He shifts through the clothes, grabbing a simple black long sleeve shirt. It was a little too big but nothing he could do about it. He slipped on some pants and, not seeing anything to cover his head, he kept the one towel on his head. Discarding the wet towel he had been using for his body on the floor in an uncaring fashion.

Yui, who had remained silent and still, suddenly turns around at the sound of the closet door closing behind me. Her eyes are still wide but she didn't seem scared, "But what else are you?!"

He sighs at the loudness and sits on his bed. "Just a cat okay. Nothing to be going all crazy over. You got anything I can wear on top of his head?"

"A cat? B-but how?" She ignores his question and he tries not to get angry.

"It's hard to explain." He lied, not caring to talk about it or let anyone know. "It wasn't natural."

"So you weren't born this way? Are there others?"

The question sends a shiver down his spine as the countless memories of death flash into his mind. "No. . ." He softly said.

She seems to notice his discomfort and fidgets. "Come with me." Grabbing his hand and pulling him up, she leads him into her room. She starts immediately rummaging through her closet.

"U-um all I could find was this." She comes out holding a big frilly maid's headband with a bright red face. "I think we can make it work till you hoodie is cleaned."

Frowning deeply, his face heats up. "Is there really nothing else?" She shakes her head and his brows furrow. He sat down on her bed with a resigned sigh. "Only till his hoodie is cleaned." She nods and comes over, helping him put it on. The headband part was thick enough to cover most of his ears. It pressed them still against his head, which was uncomfortable. The white frilly part helped to distract from his head, though it didn't need to really with his hair and the band. They made sure to pull his hair back and over his ears so it would help conceal.

The boy wasn't happy with the solution but he tried to keep in mind that it is temporary. He leaves Yui's room and reluctantly heads to Reiji's office using his nose. It wasn't long before he was staring at the brother's door. Apparently Nao was taking too long to knock, because the door opens itself.

"You are la-", Reiji interrupts himself, eyes widening for a split second at the sight of the boy. Nao can't help but blush again with brows furrowing, his hand going to tug slightly at his wet hair.

"There wasn't a time. You just said after school." He slipped past him into the room.

"That thing on your head. It is Yui's is it not? How did you get it? Stealing again and such a perverse thing." Reiji frowns, coming closer.

Nao frowns along with him. "It is rude to assume things." He growled pointedly. "Yui insisted I use it for keeping hair out of the way while studying. It's a bit girly, but it's all she had." He gives a half lie, finding those easier to tell.