Refuges From the Miseries of Life: Music and Cats

His walk leads him to a gazebo in the garden and he walks in only to see it was preoccupied. It had been the first time that he had been alone with the blond in a long time, and he was not looking forward to it. So he turns to leave before the vampire notices. Of course the vampire already knew he was there and was quick to capture him.

There is a light panic in the boy as he remembers the last time he was held forcibly by the vampire. Quickly the grip is loosened, an unexpected pang going through Shuu's heart. He hadn't thought that what happened was that big of a deal and that the boy would get over it quickly. Yet instead of running back into his arms, Nao was growing closer to Subaru. "Just for a little while. Stay with me?" The plea leaves the smaller male surprised.

". . .Okay. Just this last time." Nao reluctantly agrees, feeling as he had no real choice. He felt a little bad for the already on edge male. That didn't mean things could be like they were before though.

Relief washes over Shuu as he lays back down on one of the benches with Nao, turning his music back on. For a few minutes, he just enjoys the music and the feeling of the boy laying with him. All the anxiety and tension in him vanishes. Sadly, the moment couldn't last forever.

"That's enough. Don't think I did this because my feelings changed. I was just pitying you." Nao says honestly while pulling away.

"Wait!" Shuu grabs hold of him. "Why are you being like this? I know you like me."

The boy growls and jerks away, taking a few steps back. "I might have felt that way at one point."

"You really hate me after that little event? I just lost myself a bit. It isn't like I was going to kill you. I like you." It wasn't exactly like him, but Shuu was getting desperate as he felt he was losing the boy that made him feel so much better.

"I don't believe that. And if it is true, I don't need your type of love. I can never trust you." There was an obvious selfishness to Shuu's so-called love. There was no concern for Nao's feelings or safety until it meant that Shuu could not have him. It was obvious that what Shuu loved was how Nao made him feel and not the boy himself.

"I don't understand. You won't pick me? Even if I say I'm sorry?"

"You obviously aren't. You never once showed regret or guilt, even just a second ago. You think of nothing but yourself. You are inconsiderate and uncaring of others unless it benefits you." Nao quickly turns away and starts heading out.

"This is because of Subaru isn't it!? Then if I get rid of him. . ." Shuu's face gets dark as he stares at the boy's back.

A chill runs down Nao's spine and he stands frozen. Anger rises up in him, quickly pushing out the fear. "You are an idiot. You really think that you did no wrong? That it was his fault? Even if it was just us here, I would not love you. None of you have power over me. So stop acting like you can own me." He hisses out before continuing to walk away.

Shuu thinks about stopping him, but can't seem to find the energy. His heart was in his stomach and he felt exhausted from the exchange. He lays back down and drifts back to sleep, dreaming of the boy's warmth that had faded.

Needless to say, the encounter had left Nao in a bad mood. He stomps over to the rose garden to tend to the roses. That always made him feel better. Of course, the main reason was he really wanted to see Subaru now. A soft smile appears as he spots a tuft of white hair peeking over a rose hedge. He bounds over to it, jumping over the hedge to tackle the male.

There is a grunt as he lands right on the mark, making the cat boy giggle. "I've caught my prey." He starts trying to tickle a very red and annoyed looking Subaru. Nothing was more fun than teasing the albino.

"Who are you calling prey?!" The, apparently, not ticklish vampire pins Nao under him with a growl and begins tickling the boy in return.

Nao cries out pleas for him to stop in between fits of laughter, eyes tearing up. His struggling gets so bad that Subaru pauses to pin his arms above his head, only to blush at a realization of the position they were in. The clothes of the smaller male were a mess, his face red, and eyes teary. "Thank. . . god" He says through his pants.

Subaru gets closer and his embarrassed face twists into an angry one as he catches a smell of Shuu on Nao. He wrapped his arms around the boy and held him tightly. There are a few deep breaths before he allows himself to whisper into the small male's ear. "You were with Shuu." The jealousy was clearly in his voice but he was doing his best to stay calm.

Nao is a bit surprised and distracted by the strange way the actions made him feel. "Yeah. Just before." He notices that Subaru has been getting better at controlling his anger, till a hard punch to the ground beside him makes him jump. The earth under the fist sinks slightly.

"Did he drink from you?" The albino pulls up a little to stare into the boy's eyes. His voice was furious but his face held anxiety and sadness.

"Of course not. I just let him hug me a bit before I told him to stay away from now on."

The albino doesn't look too happy with those events either. "Hug? So he really didn't bite you." He seems a bit untrusting.

Nao sighs before giving a smirk as he starts unbuttoning his shirt. Time for punishment teasing for not believing him. "You can confirm it yourself if you'd like.~"

Subaru's face turns beat red, but he doesn't stop Nao and just watches. That is till the boy finishes with all the shirt buttons. His arms that had been around Nao move so he can caress every bit of exposed skin.

There is a soft grunt as a rough hand grazes a sensitive area. "Do you have to touch so much?"

"You said I can confirm it." Subaru growls with a smirk, kissing up the boy's neck. There is a sigh of relief as the search is done and his blush returns as he stares at the boy's soft lips.

A soft laugh leaves the lips before they are pressed briefly onto the albino's. Nao stays sitting up and grins at the vampire. "I told you he didn't bite me. Only you are allowed to now." He raises a hand to show off the bite on his wrist that Subaru left last time they were in the garden.

The wrist is grabbed roughly by the red and dazed Subaru before the albino smashes his lips onto Nao's. It was a clumsy but passionate kiss. One that was returned not too long after, turning deeper. After a few minutes, the desire only seemed to grow. The smaller male was pulled into the other's lap and the kissing turned into a full make-out session.

Nao gives Subaru's lip another nip before pulling away, out of breath but grinning like a fool. The red-faced albino looks away, wiping his swollen lips. "Did you come to tend to the garden?" He asks after clearing his throat.

The boy who had slowly gotten out of the other's lap and stood on jello legs, thought about just saying yes but decided against it. "Not exactly. I just really wanted to see you." He admits while turning away and gazing at the surrounding roses.

A feeling grew in the vampire's chest that was becoming more and more common for him, a feeling of happiness. He was still full of self loathing and it amazed him that someone would actually want to see him. Still, he did his best not to mistake it for being loved. There was no way that Nao of all people would love him, he hated the vampires. "Why would you want to do that? I told you I can't help you escape. I told you to stay away again and again."

"Yeah, you did. Still, I want to see you. Even though I don't like your brothers, even though you can be dangerous yourself. I can't stay away. Can't you get it? Surely by now you do. So don't make me say it." Nao was red all the way to the tips of his ears. He knew he wasn't supposed to feel this way but he couldn't help it. Maybe it was due to his inexperience with social interaction. He swore he would still be careful and not get too attached. He wouldn't be stupid like Yui.

Subaru didn't really know what to say or if he really believed it. He walks to Nao's side and rustles his hair without looking at the small male. There was no need for words, not right at that moment. So the two just started working on the roses, soon talking and playing around like usual.