Cats Have the Courage to Live by Their Urges

The next day was the end of the deadline that Yui and Nao agreed upon. Even with Yui as she is, Nao couldn't seem to do anything about it so he had planned to leave, anyway. There was only one problem as he awoke with the sun and sound of spring birds, he was ill.

Very ill, in fact. A strange dream he did not remember woke him up sweating and with a fever. He has fatigue memories of getting sick occasionally before, but never after he was mutated. What was more worrying was the strange substance he found on his bed and clothes. He just barely managed to change clothes before laying on the floor of his closet half-conscious. His whole body was flushed and burning. The sweating wouldn't stop and there was a pain in his lower stomach that was unbearable. The carpeted floor was uncomfortable making him want to go lie on the cold tile of the bathroom, but he only had the strength to sit up and lean against a wall. Even that took quite a long time and effort. So he gave up on moving anymore, though he would rather not be found in just the oversized white tee and boxers he was wearing.

He figured he would be stuck like this till someone wakes up and finds him sometime during the night or till he gains more energy. So though he is uncomfortable, he tries to be patient and get some sleep. Sadly, he would be stuck half-conscious the whole day and halfway through the night before Yui finds him.

By then, the pain was unbearable, and he couldn't really think. The fever felt like it had doubled and his white tee was see-through with sweat. The brothers are a pain but he thinks he would have rather had one of them find him when Yui's worried face comes into view. It was a little blurry to him but it was obvious she was panicked. He knew she really didn't need this extra stress. Plus, Yui could be quite annoying when she is worried.

"Oh my goodness!! How long have you been here!?"

Nao opens his mouth but it and his throat are too dry for him to say anything. He must have been heavily dehydrated from the fever.

Seeing he couldn't speak but not sure why, Yui panics more. She paces from Nao to the closet door while trying to decide what to do while yelling over and over again for help. It was really starting to hurt his ears and get on his nerves. She then decides to try to pick him up but is too weak to do so.

Finally she seems to come up with a good idea. "Wait here. I promise I'll be right back with help!"

There is an eye roll at her thinking he could possibly go anywhere. The boy watches her go and hopes she won't have one of her frequent episodes before getting help. He felt he would pass out soon. It was a few minutes before he heard people re enter the room. Even though he felt he shouldn't be conscious, something was keeping his mind hazily awake. It was tortious.

A loud and teary Yui leads everyone into the room, surprising Nao a little. Then he remembered that most of them quite enjoy his suffering.

Everyone of the vampires was shocked to find the Nao that was just fine yesterday looking a mess. His face was flushed and eyes out of focus, even his flushed skin could be seen through his white tee that was very clearly soaked. He said nothing and just stared at them panting. Most were too preoccupied eyeing two especially red and erect things pushing against his tee. Subaru stared back worriedly, though with a red face as he had just averted his eyes from the sight the others were focused on. Of course Ayato was only looking at the still paniced Yui who was asking them all what they should do.

Nao licks his lips while doing his best to focus on Subaru, hoping he would take the hint that he needed some water. Instead, the albino steps back slightly in surprise and looks away with an even redder face.

"How did this happen? Bastard was fighting with me full force just yesterday?!" Ayato demands, annoyed that this was troubling the already stressed Yui and taking her attention away from him.