Can't Look at a Sleeping Cat and Be Tense

Nao lays in his usual sleeping spot in front of the fireplace in his room, shivering awake. He was a bit disappointed to open his eyes as he was having a rare dreamless sleep. He wanted to enjoy his rest without nightmares more.

He sees the fire is out but it is still too cold compared to normal. He moves to get up only to have an arm come around and push him down. He jolts slightly and grumbles a little. "No wonder it is so cold."

Shuu grunts slightly, holding the small boy tighter to him.

Nao sighs softly and shifts. "At least let me start up the fireplace again."

"So noisy. Just a while longer."

It was too cold for Nao to drift off again and he was getting bored. "It is really annoying that your skin is so cold. . .but it is weird. I don't hate it. Strangely I sleep better with you." The few times this had happened with Shuu, were the only times Nao didn't have nightmares.

Shuu rolls over on top of Nao suddenly, staring at his pink cheeks. He found the boy very cute and interesting like this, it lit something inside him he didn't know could be lit. It made him excited.

"W-what are you looking at?" Nao glares up at the blonde, obviously a little confused.

Shuu smirks and leans down to Nao's ear, whispering. "Something tasty."

Nao quickly pulls his hat over his human ears, face red and glare stronger. "Fuck off."

Shuu ignores the statement, the glaring only firing him up. Such a strong and defiant gaze brought out the sadist in him. "Come on now. You're the one who seduced me. This is actually what you wanted right? Me to warm you up."

The cold hands that went up his shirt slowly sent shivers down his spin. Nao wondered how such a cold touch left his skin burning. "How is this suppose to warm me up stupid?" He breaths out, trying to hold any reaction in.

Shuu's keen eyes saw everything though. He always watched Nao closely, he can read him like a book now. That part of him that desperately tries to hold it all in and put up an act was also cute to the vampire. "Surely you aren't that dumb." Shuu knew that Nao was surprisingly pure. It made ruining him all the better.

Nao growls out as Shuu's icey thumb rough rubs one of his pink buds. He grabs onto Shuu's wrist. "D-don't."

"You don't sound so sure. Don't worry. I'll make you feel good and in return, you can give me something to drink." Shuu kisses Nao's neck softly. He felt a strange happiness as he saw no bite marks on it. Then it will be only his.

"Don't make up such strange deals on your own." Nao shifts a bit, looking away with embarrassment. "You can drink my blood, but forget that strange stuff. J-just sleep with me like normal."

Shuu is surprised at the request, pulling back slightly to look at the boy. "??"

Nao can feel the questioning gaze and almost timidly glances up at the male. "I-it's just that I don't seem to sleep well without you holding me. And it also feels. . .kinda. . .a little. . .nice."

Nao was surprised to find a soft smile on Shuu's face when he glanced up, but it quickly disappeared. "Really, you are such a naughty boy. Begging to sleep with me like that."

"Begging?!" Nao just barely manages to get a word in before Shuu bites deep into his neck. Shuu moans softly as the delicious blood flows into his mouth. Again and again this boy keeps surprising him.

Nao grits his teeth and holds his breath till Shuu's fangs slip out of him. He let's go of his breath only to inhale with a soft moan, the devious vampire having pressed his lips onto another part of skin. A very sensitive spot. Shuu teases and nips at the skin for a while, making a satisfied face as he pulls away to see the large red mark and a dazed Nao.

"What did you do that for?" Nao softly whines, not liking how it came out more like he wanted more than he was annoyed.

Shuu just chuckles and lifts the boy up, getting a little yelp. "Cause I wanted to." He walks over to the bed and places the boy on it before getting in himself. "And because you wanted it."

Nao scoffs softly and nuzzles into Shuu's chest, still dazed and now sleepy. "Says you." There is a soft smile on his face and he closes his eyes. "Just be a good boy and chase my nightmares away. I'll do the same for you." He slightly jokes.

Shuu is slightly surprised at the cuddling, but wraps his arms around Nao contently. "Nn."

Nao giggles a little. "You really don't talk much huh. Not that I mind. And you seem to like to nap like me."

Shuu thought that the boy was being uncharacteristically chatty himself.

"Maybe we are a bit the same. Maybe that is why you feel so comfortable to me. Hey do you feel the same?"

Shuu grunts a little. "Maybe."

"Guess we don't know that much about each other to tell for sure huh? I kinda want to know more." Nao whispers this out softly, obviously embarrassed.

Shuu felt he also wanted to know more about Nao. But the boy wasn't as open as Yui. It seemed hard to get things out of him. Yet here he is, so close. Shuu hadn't felt feelings even close to these for so long. He had long since given up on really living, deciding it was a pain. That just sleeping through the days was better, but. . .

He smiles and whispers softly to the boy falling asleep in his arms. "With you I don't feel like sleeping as much."

Shuu didn't go back to sleep, he didn't even close one eye. Instead, he watched Nao as he slept. It was a little puzzling how even in his sleep the boy had captivated him.

Shuu wasn't sure exactly when it started. The fascination and excitement he felt with Nao. Perhaps it started after that first bite, when Nao socked him. Or maybe it was when he was watching the boy fight with Reiji with amusement. It didn't really matter though. What mattered was the boy gave him motivation.

What mattered is the boy was going to be-

Shuu's thoughts were interrupted with a punch to his gut. It didn't really hurt, the punch was playful more than anything. He blinks his eyes into focus to see a bright red Nao.

"Don't go around watching people sleep!" Nao attempts to cover the vampire's eyes. Shuu thought it was so interesting and nice how even when Nao was 'yelling' he wasn't really. It was so soft and didn't seem as noisy as everyone else. "Stop staring."

Shuu smirks and grabs Nao's wrists, pulling them apart and away from his face. "I'm not going around and watching people sleep. I'm watching you sleep."

"That doesn't make it any better." Nao pouts till Shuu's lips on his make it impossible to do so. His face heats up and he hesitantly kisses back before squirming away. "Enough of that. Who knew you were the real perverted brother."

Shuu chuckles. "Disappointed?"

Nao shakes his head, sitting up. "No. You're just fine the way you are. Maybe a little too full of yourself but I guess it can't be helped."

Shuu's eyes widen slightly as he hears those words, arms snaking around Nao and head on his shoulder as the blonde hugs him from behind. The small boy is definitely shocked, but thinking again he sees it isn't uncommon for Shuu to be clingy. Even gently at times. Shuu held him tightly, it was the first time someone had told him he was fine the way he was. That he was enough.

A few hours pass and Nao shifts around, getting antsy. Shuu lifts his head a bit and licks Nao's neck, getting a soft hiss of surprise. "Nao. . ."

Nao blushes. The way Shuu huskily breathed out his name was completely different from before. "Y-yes?" He thought maybe Shuu was going to open up to him or tell him something important.

"Let's do it after all." Shuu starts groping an angered and flustered Nao while he fights back, grumbling something about a closet pervert.

They spent most of that night going in and out of cuddling to Shuu attacking. That is till a very anger and maybe even a little jealous Reiji came stomping in.

Nao got an earful for skipping school. However anytime Reiji tried to bad mouth his brother, Nao would stop him.

Shuu didn't care much for the back and forth bantering but he sat holding Nao with a content smirk through most of it. Then it was Nao who reluctantly followed Reiji to the monthly dinner, Shuu following him.