˗ˋ 57

CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE REALISES

. . .

"Just cast the spell Cedric." Rosie called across the Room of Requirement, a sense of annoyance in her voice as she did so. Her arms folded across her chest and she leant against the wall, eyes focused on the boy.

"I learnt this spell earlier this year though." Cedric whined. "What if there's some really important spell that I need to learn and you have me here casting Protego? Of all things?"

"Add maxima to the end then." Rosie said. "Come on, just cast the spell Cedric." 

"But Rosie-" Cedric began, watching as Rosie began to pace at the end of the hall, her wand twirling in her hand. 

"Ebublio." Rosie mumbled, her wand pointed at Cedric. He reacted immediately, casting the protection spell and the jinx never hit him. "Oh good job you got that one - I can't remember the counter spell. That's another good one to remember, traps things in bubbles." She continued, practically waltzing over to Cedric, looking rather proud of herself.

"I might not have even made it to the task - how would you explain to someone why I'm in a bubble." Cedric asked her, and Rosie sat down on the sofa, opening one of her books.

"I'm sure I'll come up with a worthy explanation. I'm sure you haven't forgotten my reputation around here just because I'm helping you win this." Rosie shrugged, a smirk appearing on her face. "Keep up that attitude and I'll make it sexual."

"And what would that be? Trying to tie me up somehow?" Cedric replied, and Rosie's cheeks turned a shade of pink, staring down at her book.

"Have they said anything about what you can't do for the third task?" Rosie asked, and Cedric frowned, moving over to the sofa and sitting down next to her. 

"I don't think so?" He said, trying to peer over her shoulder, looking confused when she pulled away from him, hiding whatever was in the book from his view. 

"Nothing about.. potions?" Rosie looked hopeful, and Cedric's eyes widened, turning to look at her. "Nothing at all." He shook his head, and Rosie smiled. 

"Perfect. Absolutely perfect. And there's about a month before the task right?" Rosie checked, and Cedric nodded again. With this confirmation, Rosie sat up, reaching for a bit of parchment. 

Cedric watched in silence as Rosie pulled out her falling-apart potions book. He watched as she flicked from page to page, leaning closer to the book to reads her tiny notes that covered the page, and eyes widened as she turned to the back, reading the tiny pages of notes and adding to her list. 

"Do you know where Snape's special potions ingredient cupboard is?" Rosie asked, and Cedric nodded, the pair of them getting up and walking towards the exit of the room. "Ok take this." She said, pulling off a loop of string that hung around her neck.

A key was attached to it, and Cedric took it, impressed. "And you just keep this on you?" He asked.

"Of course. I stole it from Filch in my first year." Rosie shrugged, and they made their way down to the dungeons. She shoved the piece of parchment into his hands as they reached the potions classroom, and disappeared inside. 

A fifth year class was taking place, and Rosie only smirked when she saw Cho Chang sat at one of the tables. Snape was staring over her potion, looking clearly unimpressed 

"Professor, don't suppose I'm intruding am I?" Rosie appeared by his side, and Cho stared up at her, disgusted. 

"No." Snape said, voice as monotone as ever. The Ravenclaw seeker looked upset, rolling her eyes as she looked towards her potion. "Miss Chang, make sure this is disposed of. Unless you would prefer Miss Kersey informs you on how to fix it?"

Cho mumbled some answer, and Rosie smirked slightly, the expression disappearing as Snape turned to her. She managed to get him talking about alchemy for her final year, and somehow managed to keep the conversation until she saw Cedric stood by the door, holding his thumbs up. 

"Perfect, thank you Professor." Rosie said, quickly leaving the classroom. "You got everything?" She asked, as she closed the door and Cedric gave her the key back.

"What exactly are you planning on making?" Cedric asked. 

"A couple of things. Something for blood-replenishing, another for increasing spell power. Easy things." Rosie shrugged, as her and Cedric climbed up for the Room of Requirement once again.

But Rosie wasn't necessarily telling the entire truth. Because if she was, then Cedric would know that ever since Rosie found out about what the third task entailed she had this feeling that something wouldn't entirely go right. 

And if she was entirely truthful, then Cedric would know that Rosie was planning on brewing a third potion. One that was entirely against the terms of the Triwizard tournament, something completely banned from any events.

But if you had ever met Rosie Kersey then you would know that she simply did not care. If she had a bad feeling, she would do her best to try and calm that fear. And if that broke the rules, well, as long as nobody found out, she was fine. 

Because Rosie was going to brew Felix Felicis.