˗ˋ 36

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH ROSIE TELLS
HARRY THE NEWS 

. . .

Rosie didn't seem to be the only one who had a mixed day; by the time her final lesson of Care of Magical Creatures - which was taken by Professor Grubbly-Plank seeing as Hagrid was absolutely nowhere to be found - the news of Harry Potter's outburst had spread all around the school. 

From what George had heard from Angelina, who had heard it from Alicia who heard it from a rather nervous Neville who followed his retelling with an offering to see his newest plant; a Mimbulus Mimbletonia, it seemed that Harry wasn't particularly happy with Professor Umbridge. 

And from what Rosie knew of that outburst, she wouldn't be either. 

"Harry, Harry, Harry." The Kersey girl exhaled as she found him in the common room just before dinner. "Come for a walk with me?"

"You're not going to try and 'talk some sense' into me or something because I stand by what I said to Umbridge and nobody can convince otherwise." Harry let out a sigh as he stood up, ignoring the glares that he got as they moved out of the portrait hole, apologising to some poor first year who seemed to have been waiting forever, forced to listen to the Fat Lady sing about the latest high note she supposedly hit during the summer. 

"Of course not. I have the feeling I'm going to hate that cow of a teacher." Rosie's nose wrinkled as her and Harry walked down a corridor. "I've heard you've been given detention?"

"Every night this week, starting tomorrow." Harry nodded. "I'm sorry, that interferes with Quidditch, doesn't it." 

"Sort of.. but not to worry I'm sorting everything out.. because I'm definitely not a good example and got detention from Snape." Rosie sighed. "We're doing great on our first day, aren't we?" 

"Absolutely." Despite the reality of the situation hanging in their conversation actually being the opposite of what they were saying, both of them were grinning. 

They continued to walk, following a longer route down to dinner in order for them to manage to properly talk whilst being able to avoid the type of people who would glare at them and whisper as they passed. After little conversation with others in Gryffindor, Rosie and Harry knew each other to be dealing with the same situation in the form of two people; Patricia Simpson and Seamus Finnigan.

"You know Cedric woke up." Rosie blurted out what she really wanted to say quite suddenly, Harry stopping in his tracks. Such a range of emotions travelled over his face in such a short amount of time. 

"Holy shit." Harry couldn't quite able to comprehend it. "I'm... what? Wow.. when?" 

"Yesterday." Rosie replied, knotting her fingers together in front of her stomach. "It's just.. his mind did some weird memory thing and he doesn't remember anything to do with the tournament."

"Which means..." Harry seemed to realise this slowly, but surely. "He doesn't remember anything to do with it at all?" He repeated. 

"Yep. Completely forgotten it all." Rosie swallowed. "Doesn't remember the Quidditch World Cup, doesn't remember the First Task or Second Task and definitely doesn't remember the Third Task." 

"And he doesn't remember you." Harry finished her sentence and Rosie nodded once again. He wasn't afraid to say what she was dreading. "Do you know what's happening with it then? Are you going to see him or...?"

"On Saturday I think. Healer Strout is going to talk to Mr and Mrs Diggory." Rosie replied, shifting around as they continued to walk. "And hopefully it goes well. I just thought you would might like to know about it.. seeing as everything that happened in the Third Task happened with you there."

"Yeah.. I'm glad to know. I hope it all goes well on Saturday." They had reached the Great Hall and were eyeing it nervously. After their days, it seemed like the worst place to be. 

"You haven't happened to see Neville anywhere?" Rosie asked as they made their way down the middle aisle. 

"I think he's somewhere around.. why?" Harry asked, sliding into a seat beside Hermione and Ron. 

"Oh.. no reason." Rosie replied, spotting Fred and George at some point down the table. "If you see him, let him know I'm looking for him, okay?"

She really needed to have a conversation with him about what had happened outside in the corridor of St. Mungos, about Cedric and about the tutoring situation. Because she really was hoping that Neville still felt the same about letting her tutor him. 

She needed something to distract her, and considering that anything with the guy she was in love with would be heartbreaking and anything to do with school would be overshadowed by this Umbridge woman. 

Quidditch was good, but as a captain it was a little more stressful. She loved Potions, so it really would be ideal. Rosie just seemed to know that her seventh and final year at Hogwarts wasn't going to be easy.