˗ˋ 37

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE TWINS SET THINGS STRAIGHT

. . .

"I feel like we've already experienced this before." George mumbled to his twin, as they sat at the lunch table. Rosie was sat opposite of them, ignoring the gaze of a certain Hufflepuff boy.

"We have." Fred replied. "Except this time he's more emotional and longing than before." Considering their words, the twins glanced over at Cedric, who was sat staring up at them, Cho the other side of him and talking away.

"I should hope he is. Didn't get to helping him at all. I hope he fails the second task." Rosie told them, and beside her, Harry's eyes widened and he almost choked on his water. And it wasn't only Harry who had a reaction to her harsh words.

Hermione and Ron winced, and despite their joint disliking for the Hufflepuff seeker, the twins made a face, hoping that Cedric hadn't heard that.

"Rosie-" Angelina frowned. The Gryffindor girl had been so supportive of her best friend helping the Hufflepuff champion, and highkey always wanted them to end up getting together.

"Oh don't say my name like that - I mean it this time. He didn't defend me the first time and I forgave him - and now he's sleeping with her? He promised me he would stop being friends with her after the ball. It's been a month, there's no way I could be friends with him." Rosie snapped.

She had been in a bad mood since the night that she called off the bet for a second time. And nobody really blamed her, it was a shitty thing of Cedric to do. Deep down, they wanted her to forgive Cedric - they were such good friends and seemed so happy around each other, but if he was to continue to act like that, they didn't blame her for not doing it.

"Okay, I won't." Angelina said. "But you're being mean, Rosie.." She frowned as Rosie shot her a look.

"I'm going to find Theo." She announced, putting her fork down and standing up, gather her stuff.

"And a closet to make out it?" George cocked an eyebrow. "You might not talk to us about this Theo guy but it doesn't mean we haven't noticed how close you're getting."

"Or how close he is to kissing you properly every time he greets you. That kiss on the 'cheek' is getting closer and closer to your lips." Fred said. Whilst he wasn't completely over Rosie, he had let his feelings go.

"Ha ha." She rolled her eyes. "Maybe I want to get close to him - at least I know he won't go and find the bitch who he's promised you not to be friends with because of the rude things she's said."

"Rosie-" George frowned, but it was too late, the girl was already halfway across the hall, sitting down next to Theo, who was conveniently placed in Cedric's direct view.

Lunch passed quickly, and the twins tried to catch up with their best friend as they headed to their Transfiguration lesson, only to be stopped by someone who, if Rosie saw them, could get them in trouble.

"Diggory - you do realise that even when you were friends with Rosie, we weren't friends with you. Didn't really talk or anything. I don't think starting to talk after you fall out with someone is how it works." Fred drawled slightly, and a flicker of annoyance appeared on Cedric's face for about half a second.

"Plus.. you're kind of a shitty person." George shrugged, and Cedric frowned. "But what do you want?" He continued.

"Is there anyway that you could get Rosie to talk to me?" Cedric asked, and the twins met each other's eyes, making a face. "I really need to talk to her."

"Don't think she has much to say to you, mate." George said. "But depending on what you want with her, we maybe can take a message."

"Fine.. just ask her if she's definitely not helping me.. because if not I'll get help elsewhere." Cedric said, and Fred and George glanced at each other.

"Oh we can answer that for you. I don't think you'll even get the chance to talk to her, let alone have her help you. Now if that's everything, then we have places to be, Rosie's to see." Fred smirked a little, both of them about to leave when Cedric stopped them again.

"What's the deal between her and that Durmstrang boy?" Cedric asked.

"Sounding especially jealous there. And really not yourself.. maybe you should have taken Rosie's advice - Cho isn't having a very good influence on you." George made a face. "But we can't tell you - how sad."

"Cheerio, have a good time trying to figure out everything for the next task. Oh and don't come too near Rosie unless you want to hear how much she wishes your failure." Fred smirked, the twins disappearing around the corner, leaving Cedric stood there.

Maybe they were right. He had felt so bitterly towards Rosie hanging out with the Durmstrang boy that he had gone completely off the rails.

And he needed to fix it, before he ruined everything permanently.