˗ˋ 01

CHAPTER ONE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY ARRIVE ON THE PLATFORM

. . .

The whole platform was abuzz with chatter. Most of it, from students talking about the Quidditch World Cup. Not of the Irish victory, or Viktor Krum, the hearthrob seeker of the Bulgarian team.

Which is no doubtedly what the topic of conversation would have been, had the World Cup celebrations after the match had not be interrupted. But alas, they were.

By groups of people in dark, hooded robes. One of which sent the mark of none other than Voldemort into the sky.  Of course, this spread panic across the wizarding community and it wasn't something that would just stop being talked about.

But from the 25th of August until the very first of September, just six days later, and the reappearance of the mark was still the front page news on the Daily Prophet.

The very front page of the newspaper that Rosie was holding, as she lent against one of the pillars. She was a couple pages in, reading down the list of those who were still missing from the attacks, as she waited for absolutely anyone that she knew to appear with.

Luckily she was reunited with her brother and father after leaving with the Weasleys and the Diggorys. She had been picked up from the Burrow, and thankfully nobody was hurt.

However, instead of being able to send her off like usual, her father had enlisted her brother in a muggle primary school, and as it was his first day, Luke Kersey didn't really want to wait around, which Rosie completely understood. 

So, with the Daily Prophet happily covering her face, Rosie waited for either the twins or Angelina to appear, so they could board the train. 

But instead, she got neither, and was greeted by Cedric Diggory appearing over the top of her paper. Upon spotting him, she jumped out of her skin and folded the paper, sliding it into her bag. 

"With everything happening during these days, it is definetely a great time to surprise someone." Rosie remarked, looking up at Cedric, who still looked so handsome even if he didn't appear to know what was going on. "All I'm saying, is maybe it isn't the greatest time to make someone jump out of their skin, considering that everything that happened at the Quidditch match." 

"Oh.." Cedric fell quiet for a few moments, before brightening up. "Good point, I won't surprise anyone in the next few days."

"Good idea." Rosie smiled, then looked around. "Are none of your friends here either?" She asked, and after Cedric peered around, he shrugged. 

"I think I saw Roger earlier, and I'm pretty sure Belle is already on the train." Cedric said, looking back down at Rosie. "Why, are you trying to get rid of me?" He asked, a tiny smirk-like smile appearing on his lips.

"Maybe. Look, I was perfectly fine reading my newspaper, and because you're Cedric Diggory, almost everyone stares at you because you're so disgustingly good looking." Rosie shrugged, and Cedric looked smug.

"Is that so." He said, then the smirk disappeared completely, and a smile was there instead. "I only came over to ask if you if you managed to find your dad and brother fine." He said.

Instantly, an embarrassed blush spread over Rosie's face, and she looked down at her feet, fiddling with her hands for a moment, trying not blush too much.

Cedric just ignored the pink tips of Rosie's ears as the blush spread across her cheeks. He waited for Rosie to collect herself, pretending to look overly interested in some poster pinned to the wall.

"Yeah, I ended up going back with the Weasleys anyway, and then after an hour of being back at the burrow my dad and brother appeared at the front door. Thankfully they were both fine." Rosie confirmed, and Cedric seemed relieved.

"Oh thats good, I would have hated it of me and my dad got split up. What about your mum, did you come with her?" Cedric asked, and it was his time to blush when he found that Rosie wasn't answering. "Sorry, I assumed and-"

"Don't worry, you didn't know. My parents aren't really able to be together currently. She lives quite a bit away." Rosie shrugged, and then, she felt two people by her side.

"Rosie-posie." Fred sang in her ear, and George repeated it, shaking his head slightly.

"Diggory." They both said, greeting the taller, Hufflepuff boy. "Hope you managed to get back to your tent alright?" George continued, and Cedric, completely oblivious to the fact they weren't being the nicest of people to him, nodded.

"I think that's Roger." Cedric said, looking down at Rosie. "I'll see you at somepoint, have fun Rosie." He said and disappeared off into the crowds, and George and Fred got comfortable, their arms around Rosie's shoulders.

"So you're friends with Pretty Boy Diggory now?" Fred asked, and George took Rosie's bag on the floor, and they made their way towards the train, boarding it and heading to their usual compartment. 

"I wouldn't say friends. But after what happened at the World Cup, maybe we are?" Rosie shrugged. "He seems alright." She continued as they slipped into carriage.

"Our best chaser and Hufflepuff's golden boy. Careful not to fall in love with him Rosie, you know that it's either of us you're marrying." George joked, taking the over-protective stance he so often did once again. 

"Don't worry, I'm not planning on falling in love with anyone this year. I'm just planning on working hard, I don't want to fail my NEWTS." Rosie slipped into a seat by the window, amd waited for Angelina. 

But really, Rosie didn't know what was actually to come in the next few months of school, none of them did.