˗ˋ 38

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE HAS A DATE

. . .

Madam Rosmerta was surprised to find that when Rosie Kersey would next enter the Three Broomsticks, it wasn't to work a shift for her. Instead, she had a date, with a boy named Theo. 

"Taking my employees off of me?" Rosmerta exclaimed, as she placed two beakers of butterbeer down on a table. Rosie blushed as the woman tsked Theo, who took it gracefully.

"Never my intention." He smiled up at the woman, who seemed rather flustered by all this, and winked at Rosie before walking away. "So you walk shifts here, huh?"

"Me and Angelina do, almost every visit. Sometimes it's only one of use, Angelina's been on a few dates over the years. Hogsmeade is literally the only place anyone can go for a date around here. I expect she would've liked me to help today, it does seem rather busy." Rosie glanced around the tavern. 

"This is a date, then?" Theo asked, chuckling as Rosie's face turned pink. "Kidding, I'm kidding. But it was only Angelina going on dates?" 

"Believe it or not, I haven't been on one for years. I dated a Ravenclaw boy a couple years ago, but it didn't end up working. However, if I have a date, then I usually have that." Rosie said, her gaze landing just behind Theo's left shoulder.

"Hm?" Theo turned in his seat to see Fred, George and Lee sat in a booth in the corner. "I'm guessing they're your 'protectors'?" He asked.

"We've been best friends since we began here. They're very overprotective when they want to be - especially when they don't really like the person. You should have seen them whenever I was with Cedric." Rosie nodded slightly, as the twins waved, the girl rolling her eyes and waving back, Theo rising his hand in a slight movement, before turning around to look at the girl again.

"Dya reckon they like me?" He asked, placing his chin on his palm, his elbows balancing on the table. 

Rosie made a face, and Theo looked offended. The girl laughed, a pretty sound that broke through the volume of the Three Broomsticks around her. "They have no reason not to like you, currently."

"Currently? I see how it is." Theo smirked a little, and Rosie rolled her eyes. "No, but I don't blame them. A random boy from a strange school approaches their best friend, I'd be cautious as well." 

"I'm glad you see it that way." Rosie smiled, taking a sip of her butterbeer, using the action to take a glance at her date, who was admittedly rather nice to look at. 

But then, she saw something flicker over his face, and his eyes seemed to be extremely focused on something near the door. Rosie put her goblet of butterbeer down and frowned. "What is it?" She asked.

"No.. nothing." Theo said, turning his gaze from the doorway back to the girl in front of him. But Rosie noticed him glance back, and curious, she turned around. 

"Oh. I see." Rosie said, rather flatly. Cedric was stood in the doorway, pulling his coat off and hanging it up on one of the coat stands, pulling his hat off and messing up his hair. He turned around, and saw the two, Rosie instantly twisting round to face away from him. 

"It's alright. If he comes over then I can deal with him." Rosie smiled and Theo looked away from Cedric, and back to his date. "I hope he doesn't though."

"It seems he really affected you." Theo commented, not looking particularily anything, just rather confused. "Is that the Cho girl?" He asked suddently, and Rosie twisted round so quickly she was sure something cracked in her back.

And sure enough, Cho was there. "Of course she is." Rosie rolled her eyes, glaring at Cho for a few moments before sitting back round. "Should we go when we've finished? Get you some souvenirs and get rid of the twins and Lee? And I don't have to feel Cho Chang glaring daggers into my back." The girl shuddered.

Theo glanced over to where the Hogwarts champion sat, and sure enough, Cho was staring at them. "Good idea.. it's kind of creepy." Theo nodded, and the two finished the remains of her butterbeer before getting up, Theo holding out the sleeve of Rosie's coats so she could get her arm in it. 

They headed towards the door, and the girl pulled her hat off of the top of coat hanger, where it had dried rather nicely. "Rosie-" A voice said, and both her and Theo frowned, turning around.

"Cedric. Nice day to be a prick, right? I think it's quite obvious I don't want to talk to you. Especially when she is there." Rosie looked pointedly to Cho, before to Theo. "Let's go." 

The pair left the Three Broomsticks, leaving Cedric with Cho, regretting his jealousy.

✧