˗ˋ 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY START TO PREPARE

. . .

The Kersey girl had spent a lot of her time in lessons thinking. Not about work, not about school, but how she was to help Cedric. Harry being picked as a fourth champion - Merlin knows how, and who was putting this poor boy through everything - has caused a rather big divide between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, who were usually rather friendly towards them. 

And because of this, their usual classes were split in two. Hufflepuffs on one side of the classroom, Gryffindors on the other. It was oddly quiet, Fred and George even feeling the difference, something they usually ignored. 

But this also meant that Rosie felt somewhat awkward approaching Cedric, and was considering slipping him a note, saying she wasn't ready for their meeting that night. 

She ended up doing so, moving it to the Friday instead. It gave her a lot more time, and she visited the library on various occasions, taking out books on more and more things, stashing them in a storage cupboard on the seventh floor, marked in places she wanted to mention to the Hufflepuff. 

It was clear that Cedric wasn't feeling as awkward as she was, glancing at her every so often in the lessons they shared. She diligently ignored him, knowing that all the girls kept looking over at Cedric and if they saw she was one they were staring at, something would happen. 

Rosie found out, during their shared charms clas, that Cedric was in one of the classrooms near the Entrance hall, doing something as a champion - taking photographs or something with Rita Skeeter.

And so, when her lessons finished, she headed over to the entrance hall, only eating a few things at dinner, looking around for Cedric. He must still be in the meeting, and so, when dinner finished, she waited outside the classroom they were supposedly in.

"Hey Harry." She smiled, as the dark haired boy walked out. Harry turned around and saw her, replying to her with a weaker smile. "How was it? I heard Rita Skeeter was here?" 

"Awful." He shrugged. "I suppose you're waiting for Diggory - your bet and everything?" He asked, and Rosie hesitated, then nodded. 

"I heard what happened with Malfoy, I could try and find something to change those badges for you?" She offered, but Harry shook his head. 

"It's fine. Thank you though." Harry turned to head to dinner, and Rosie nodded, sitting back down and waiting for Cedric the short amount of time longer. 

It was the least she could do for Harry, and she decided to research it anyways - just in case he changed his mind. The rest of Gryffindor were treating him in various different ways. People like Colin Creevey and Fred and George were treating him like the saviour of Gryffindor or something, the boys in his year seemed to be against him and then there was her and Hermione, trying to treat him as normal as possible. 

She didn't want him to think she was pitying him - because Merlin that felt awful - but she couldn't help but feel bad, given the situation someone had put him in.

"Rosie?" Cedric's voice broke the train of thought thay the Kersey girl seemed to be stuck in. "You want to go?" He asked, as she got up. "We finished taking the photos and stuff."

"Oh yeah." Rosie agreed, and the pair began the walk up to the seventh floor. "I've been researching - that's why I wanted a few more days - and I've gotten a few books from the library." Rosie explained, as they climbed yet another staircase, the girl trying so hard not to sound out of breath. 

"See I would have never thought to do that." Cedric told her, and Rosie giggled, shaking her head. "No seriously, I don't think I've been in the library since third year." 

"But your OWL scores were perfect." She replied, Cedric only shrugged. "Surely you must have been in there for something." 

"Robert was the one who usually went to the library." Cedric told her. "I would have thought you were in Ravenclaw - and how come you ended up best friends with the twins?" 

"They're both smart, considering what they come up with. But I'm a little bit more calculated I guess. I prefer to take my time working things out and designing things. They tend to be a bit headstrong." Rosie began. "The hat was considering Ravenclaw, but I ended up here so who knows?" 

"You must be extremely brave." Cedric mused. Rosie instantly shook her head, and the boy gently pushed her shoulder. "Come on." He said. "You entered the Tournament right? You have to be brave for that."

"Yeah, but my brains wouldn't have gotten me through whatever they have you doing." Rosie replied, as they reached the seventh floor, Rosie directing him to the storage cupboard.

She pulled a key out of her pocket and used it to unlock it, crouching down to look through the books. She picked one, and stood up, locking the door behind her, before realising that Cedric was staring at her. "I've been in Filch's office more times than I can count. Stealing things from him is easy."

"Apparently so." Cedric smiled, then looked down at the book, and at the various pieces of paper sticking out of it. "How many things have you found?"

"The library is a treasure trove if you know where to look. I've found so many books in there, a lot with stuff in that I don't think we'll ever be taught." She smiled. "So where is this room you were talking about." 

"I suppose you've heard of the Room of Requirement? Something Helga Hufflepuff made?" Cedric questioned, as he began walking down a corridor. 

"I thought that was only a myth?" She asked, following Cedric, the book clutched to her chest. 

"So did I. I found it sometime last year. I was really stressed about Quidditch and OWLS and was just pacing around down here and suddenly there was this door." Cedric explained, stopping in front of an area. "Here." He told her. 

Rosie stood back and watched as Cedric paced back and forth in front of a bit of clear wall, and Rosie was surprised to see a door appear. "There you go." Cedric smiled, and opened the door for her, holding out his arm. "Ladies first." Rosie shook her head, stepping into the room, ready to teach Cedric anything he needed to. 

Because the first task was getting closer, and there was no time to lose.