˗ˋ 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY FALL OUT

. . .

Rosie stumbled backwards out of the tent, and walked back over to the stands, standing with Fred and George as they waited for Harry's score.

And Cho was right. Harry won - or at least he was drawing with Krum. Rosie had cheered with the rest of them, but she couldn't help but feel a little sick as she thought back on Cho's cruel word. 

"Well, if it isn't Rosie Kersey!" A voice exclaimed, and Rosie turned on her heel to see none other than one of her favourite Weasley children. And out of the corner of her eye, she saw Cedric, emerging from the Champions' tent.

"Charlie Weasley!" She replied, walking over to him and making a show of hugging him. "I suppose you're here with the dragons?" 

"Of course, I was contacted as soon as Tournament was made official, and why I was here this summer." Charlie nodded. "Though, I'm assuming you figured it out."

"Well, I recognised Norberta from your postcard, but wasn't sure if you came with her." Rosie smiled, and Charlie nodded a little, peering behind her for a moment. 

"She wouldn't come without me." Charlie chuckled, and then stepped slightly to the side, hand outstretched. "Cedric right? You did well with the Swedish Short-Snout."

"Thank you." Cedric replied, taking Charlie's hand and shaking it. "I didn't realise that Rosie was so close other members of the Weasley clan."

"I don't suppose you think that Fred and George would let her get away with staying away every holidays? Ever since her first year she's been there every Christmas and at least a month in the summer." Charlie explained. "I didn't realise you two were friends."

"We were." Rosie smiled, looking back at Ceric. "However, circumstances change and other people.. well they can make a mess." She looked up at Cedric, who stared at her, almost confused.

"Will you be coming back at Christmas?" Rosie asked, looking towards Charlie, Cedric slowly backing away. 

"What was all that about - Rosie he seems like a good kid, whatever it was surely-" Charlie said and Rosie shushed him. "It's none of my business, but choose wisely, ok?"

"I'm trying to." Rosie nodded. "But some people make choices that hurt others. Now, I might be dramatic, but I haven't just spent a month or so helping him for him to ignore me." She said, and Charlie frowned.

"Rosie.. Rosie you've been helping him prepare? What happened?" He asked her, and she shrugged. "I won't see you at Christmas - you'll see why. But maybe in the summer you could visit Romania, or I'll come back if I have the time." 

"I promise to write." Rosie smiled. "I'll ask my parents about Romania, if I see them any time soon." She hugged Charlie once more, before seeing the twins exiting the stands. "Bye Charlie." She smiled, before rushing after them.

They were planning a party to celebrate Harry's success, and it meant that Rosie could distract herself from everything that happened in the tent. The Gryffindor common room had been decorated with banners drawn by the talented Dean, which depicted scenes from Harry's turn. 

The food was piled up on the table and Rosie picked at a pumpkin pie as she watched every celebrated, and instantly stepped forward to help Lee as he held the golden egg. 

"Blimey, this is heavy," said Lee Jordan, picking up the goldenegg, Rosie rushing to help him and carry it over to where Harry was stood. 

 "Open it, Harry, go on! Let's just see what's inside it!" Rosie smiled, and the twins looked at her - and she knew it was because they were so used to her helping Cedric.

"He's supposed to work out the clue on his own," Hermione saidswiftly. "It's in the tournament rules..." Harry muttered something and she quickly stopped herself from saying anymore. 

Harry dug his fingernails into thegroove that ran all the way around it and prised it open.It was hollow and completely empty - but the moment Harryopened it, the most horrible noise, a loud and screechy wailing,filled the room. The nearest thing to it Harry had ever heard wasthe ghost orchestra at Nearly Headless Nick's deathday party, whohad all been playing the musical saw. 

"Shut it!" Fred bellowed, his hands over his ears. But Rosie just stood there, confused on what everyone was complaining about. She could only hear words, an almost lyrical in a sense. 

Confused, she slipped down onto one of the sofas, next to Fred and George. She was zoned out, trying to wonder why exactly everyone had reacted in such a way - and she didn't.

What was different about her? How had she not reacted to something that was obviously so awful for everyone else. And then it hit her - the voices, she had heard that sort of thing before. 

Mermaids.

The next task had something to do with mermaids.