˗ˋ 64

CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH IT BEGINS

. . .

Something about the third task seemed final. Of course it was the last task in the Triwizard Tournament, bringing a year of hard work from Rosie, trying to help Cedric get to this part of the year.

She trudged up the stairs into the Gryffindor stands, where she had seen the Weasleys disappear up to a couple of minutes before. Trying her best to not get trampled or pushed off of the side of the wooden stairs, Rosie finally reached the top and emerged out in the stands, heads of bright ginger hair letting her know where they were sitting. 

They were near the front, right where it curved slightly. Fred and George waved her over, and she carefully made her way passed people, muttering apologies and asking others to move every so often. 

The air was full ofexcited voices and the rumbling of feet as the rest of the students filed into their seats. The sky was a deep, clear blue now, and the first stars were starting to appear. Hagrid, Professor Moody, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Flitwick came walking into the stadium and approached Bagman and the champions. They were wearing large, red, luminous stars on their hats, all except Hagrid,who had his on the back of his moleskin vest. 

Rosie rested her arms on the side, practically leaning over into the stadium. The anxiety hadn't gone, and her heart was racing as they waited to begin. Suddenly, the four champions moved out of their huddle, positioning themselves at the four openings into the maze. 

She watched as Cedric looked up, scanning the stands. He spotted his parents, waving at them slightly, Amos and Elora cheering wildly. Laughing at his mother suddenly losing her usually dignified and elegant state, Cedric continued to look around until he saw her. 

'Good luck' Rosie mouthed, sticking her thumbs up. Cedric nodded, the grin that always sat so perfectly on his face appearing once more. He tapped his pocket, where there was a slightly bulge from the pouch. Reassuring her, Rosie figured. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin!" Bagman's voice, magically magnified boomed around the stadium suddenly, and with one last smile to Rosie, Cedric look back at his entrance to the maze, jaw set. 

"Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each - Mr Cedric Diggory and Mr Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School!" The cheers and applause sent birds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky. "In second place, with eighty points - Mr Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute! And in third place - Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"

Applause thundered around the stadium, the Beauxbaton students sat with Ravenclaw and the Durmstrangs with the Slytherin cheering for their champions. 

"So... on my whistle, Harry and Cedric!" said Bagman. "Three - two - one -" He gave a short blast on his whistle, and Harry and Cedric hurried forward into the maze.

Rosie had all the confidence she could in the Diggory boy, but as she watched Cedric disappear into the maze, the anxiety in her stomach began to build up, skyrocketing past how it had been for the rest of the day. 

"You look pale, Rosie." Mrs Weasley commented after a few minutes of Rosie just sitting there, staring at the entrance that Cedric had disappeared into. The older woman was leaning over to look at the girl from her seat just behind, and pressed a hand to her forehead, checking her temperature. 

"Just nervous, Mrs Weasley." Rosie nodded, a tight smile appearing on her lips. Mrs Weasley thought back to the various conversations earlier in the day and just smiled, patting her on the back comfortingly. 

"Everything will be fine, Ro." George smiled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her a little closer. "Cedric probably knows far too much and will struggle to choose just one spell to use when fighting whatever is in there." 

".. You're right. Cedric's going to be fine. He memorised all them spells and I tested him on them last night, and he has those potions with him." Rosie said, nodding to herself. "But I don't even think the enhancements can stop him from dying."

"Enhancements?" Hermione asked, but Rosie only ignored her. The only people who were ever going to know about the Felix Felicis was Fred and George. Cedric wasn't going to find out or he would be in trouble, and considering Hermione's moral compass she wouldn't find out either. 

Rosie's eyes landed back on the maze, watching as a certain area lit up, and a shiver ran through her body.

"I think I might throw up." 

a/n
yes i am
dragging this out
sorry not sorry lols