Sixty Nine

Previse
(v.) To foresee

Keiran POV

As I watched my mate leave I had this nagging feeeling in my gut that I was wrong for letting her go. My wolf was restless, growing worse as the hours went by.

Hearing her voice in my head as she mindlinked me through the night brought some moments of comfort and relief but she was busy travelling and looking for clues, her updates would eventually grow shorter and farther in between.

'Hey Kieran, I'm leaving Eclipse pack lands now and we'll be travelling to the old Silverclaw Guardians territory. We should be there in six hours,'

She didn't need to say it out loud for me to understand what she meant.

'Of course Love. Let me know when you get there. I love you,'

'I love you too,'

And that had been it.

She couldn't mind link me while she travelled and she couldn't afford to be distracted by me with a threat looming over us all. So I had to man up and just trust her and the six guards I sent her and her uncle with.

Of course, it was all easier said than done.

My wolf was antsy and so was I, so all I could do was pace in my office. I had no idea how I would be able to sleep tonight, knowing that Artemis was out there, not even having slept in our bed for one night after coming home from Romania.

I had no idea how she was doing it right now, but being a Spirit Wolf sounded draining.

"You're going to wear out the floorboards there."

I looked up at my father, only now noticing his presence as he stood at the entry way. He eyed me for a moment and I just sighed.

"Dad," I wasn't even sure what I wanted to say.

Being away from my mate was one thing, but I felt strange. My hands were shaking and I felt slightly jittery.

Is this what it felt like to do coke?

"Come here Son," My father said. He walked over to me and embraced me, rubbing and patting my back and I accepted the comfort of his arms.

"I don't know what to do. I feel like something horrible is going to happen soon and I can't calm my wolf," I admitted into his shoulders.

He pulled back from the hug, looking me in the eyes.

"I can't lie to you and say I know what's wrong, but I can help distract you," He offered.

It wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear, but I nodded.

I was sure Artemis would know what was wrong with my wolf, but she clearly wasn't here and that realisation only worsened my mood.

"Come on. The vampires are on the training grounds whooping your warriors' asses,"

That made me perk up as my wolf growled, suddenly eager to show the vampires our fighting skills. We both walked to the training grounds, and as my father had described, there were vampires and werewolves alike, all circled around one fight.