Eleven

Rasasvada
(n.) The taste of bliss in the absence of all thoughts

I was floating.

For the longest time I felt like I was floating. My body felt weightless in the darkness I drifted in. There was no pain, no thoughts to break me of my peace.

Peace.

It was all I sought in life.

It's why I had Diana teach me how to meditate. She helped me overcome my emotions and tame them. She was the one that taught me how to always remain positive and not afraid of kindness and love.

There is strength in kindness, and courage in love. It takes a bold person to show true feelings, she would always say.

I missed her.

That confession alone brought back a whole host of memories. I startled awake, blinking and rubbing my eyes as I tried to take in my surroundings. I wasn't in the cell anymore. I was in a hospital of some sorts.

I heard footsteps and the click of the door. A man wearing scrubs stepped in, followed by the white haired elderly woman I saw last time I was awake.

"You're awake," she exclaimed, taking the seat besides my bed. She reached for my hand and instinctively, I pulled it away, wondering what her intentions were.

"How do you feel Luna?" She asked. Feeling the doctor move, I snapped my eyes onto him as he stepped closer to me, looking at the machine besides me that connected to the needle in my arm and the clip on my finger.

"My name's Artemis," I stated. I didn't understand what I was going here. I was a prisoner. Why were they treating me? Were they going to heal me before delivering another punishment to make it more painful?

I wouldn't put it past them to be honest.

I could feel a third presence linger by the door. The powerful aura seeped into the room with a rich scent and I knew instantly who hovered over there. I didn't look at him, instead focusing on the doctor that explained to me he was doubling the dosage to make up for lost nutrients.

"Luna Artemis, how are you feeling?" The woman asked again. She sounded impatient.

"I am no Luna Ma'am, I'm a filthy rogue and a traitor," I kept my voice cool and even as I watched the doctor pull out one needle and insert another in my arm.

I ignored her pitiful look. "Why am I here?" I demanded.

She pursed her lips, reaching for my hand again and this time I let her grasp it in both of hers.

"You're here to build up your strength. My grandson has come to his senses and realised that despite your duties to each other as mates, you both have duties to this pack as leaders," she explained. I furrowed my brows and looked towards the door where her said grandson stood.

He had the decency to look away from my gaze and focused on the spot between his shoes. His hands were tucked into his jean pockets and I could tell he had them clenched in there.

"What are you implying?" I asked, turning back to the old woman.

"What I'm saying is that you will be introduced to the pack shortly. You'll have a list of things you need to do before The Joining Ceremony," she explained, giving me a mischievous smile at the end.