Thirty Four

Moira
(n.) A person's fate or destiny

"You did so well Artemis, I'm so happy that you're an official member now," Aylin squealed, pressing her smaller body into mine with a tight hug. I chuckled and hugged her back.

After the Elders had announced the celebrations would be in the ballroom, all the werewolves had trickled out the garden and headed indoors to celebrate and only the other spirit wolves had stayed behind to congratulate me personally.

"Let the girl breath," Selene scolded the blond woman who let me go with a giggle. I took a moment to look at my new family, my eyes wandering over their outfits.

Aylin's dress was short with a sweetheart neckline and spaghetti straps, small rhinestones decorating the length of it. It suited her shorter stature and curvier body perfectly.

Selene was elegant as always with a pure white floor length gown, with only a thin diamond belt around her waist. It had a plunging v neck and two long slits up each leg, showing off smooth bronze skin.

The males all wore white suits with varying details. Koray had a silver detailing on his suit jacket while Vikesh had a golden detail on his. Reiko had some intricate black patterns on his suit while Badar chose a deep red pattern.

They were all unique, but there was no denying the pure white colours we all wore that signified our status.

That and all our matching crowns.

We all wore forehead crowns, all of them made of silver and decorated with white diamond. They weren't as intricate as the crowns on the Elders, but they were still a shining beacon to all werewolves that we stood out.

The silver would burn any normal werewolf and vampire, but against Spirit Wolves and Pure Blood Vampires, it had no effect.

"Come on, lets go before they finish all the wine," And with that we all walked inside, instantly greeted by the sound of chatter and the clinking of glasses and cutlery.

The ballroom was a magnificent space, decorated tastefully with countless tables and chairs set up. The white and silver theme colours made the space look like something out of a fairytale. As we entered, all eyes fell on us. I was about to make my way to familiar group towards the back, when an arm around my waist stopped me.

I turned to look at Badar besides me who shook his head slightly.

"Our table is over there. You can speak to people after the first meal," he whispered. I nodded and let him guide me to an impressive table in the center of the space.

"Where are the Elders?" I asked as we sat down.

"Over there," He gestured with his head. I followed his direction and realised that there was a raised platform at the front of the room where all the elders sat on decorated thrones. A long table was arranged before them so they could see the whole room below them while sipping from their chalices.

The Elders were the closest thing to a monarchy the werewolf world had and normally speaking, each elder was scattered across the world and had a specific province to rule with the help of one appointed spirit wolf.

Up until now, the First Elder had ruled the Northern American territories on her own, Selene working the Southern American territories with the Second Elder.

I asked her why she wasn't working with her mother instead, but she cryptically told me I'd find out soon enough.

The food was served by the waiters and we all dug into the delicious meats, talking lightly amongst ourselves. In the background, some classical musical was playing by a live orchestra on one side of the hall.