Twenty Four

Enervate
(v.) To deprive of force or strength; to weaken.

Finally, night had come and the doctor had informed me I would be discharged. As I signed the sheet and watched him sign it too, I was ready to walk out into the night and make my way back to the pack house, to finally be out of this sterile environment and back in my own bed.

But I was surprised at the looming figure waiting for me.

Aurelius stood by the nurses station, hands tucked into his pockets and his shoulders hunched. He gave me an awkward smile as he carefully approached me.

"I'm here to take you home," He said, clearing his throat. I nodded and he hesitated for a second before turning around and leading the way out of the hospital.

There was a sleek black car waiting for us outside the hospital and I watched as he unlocked it, opening a door and gesturing for me to get in.

I kept my surprise to myself, sliding into the leather seats and admiring the interior of the car. I was a little confused as to why we were going to drive to the pack house since it wasn't far off but I brushed it off. Aurelius got into the drivers seat and soon he was driving us silently to the pack house.

The silence was awkward so I stuck to staring out of the window and watching the trees and houses pass by, letting my mind wander.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by him suddenly speaking.

"How are you feeling?" He asked quietly. The low purr of the engine filled the silence as I thought of how to answer him.

"Good." I finally managed. Truthfully speaking, I was reeling from the days events. From using my healing abilities on those patients to Aerin confronting me, all the while trying to mentally devise my escape plan, I was more than exhausted and barely had the energy to talk.

So no, I wasn't good, but he didn't need to know that.

"That's great," he commented.

I did want to ask why he was not only driving me back, but also why he was suddenly so concerned for my well being. Before I could do so however, the pack house came into view and he parked in the garage.

I got out quickly and headed inside the house, intent on making my way to my room. I needed to be alone for a while, but as I walked towards the staircase, it seemed no one was intent on leaving me alone anytime soon.

"Artemis! It's so good to see you," Apollo greeted me as I made my way through the foyer. He surprised me with a hug which I slowly reciprocated.

"Hey Apollo, it's nice to see you too?" The words came out more like a question towards the end due to my surprise.

"Yeah, we decided we'd stop by since we heard you were coming home tonight. Come, the rest of us are all in the living room,"

My protest died on my tongue as he all but grabbed my hand and pulled me back in the direction I came. I could hear voices and once we were at the living room, I saw Zayn, Gen, Vaughn and Xania as well as Aurelius, all dotted about on the sofas with snacks and drinks on the coffee table.

They all stood up and greeted me, save for Aurelius.

"Welcome home Luna,"

"It's great to have you back home,"

"We thank the goddess for your recovery,"

It was all a bit overwhelming really, but I greeted them back and thanked them for their kind words. I figured they were all here for a reason so I decided to see what they wanted and took a seat.