Chapter 29

"What do you want from me?" asked Beckett. "I want your family to suffer for all the plans of mine you have ruined," said Jerry Tyson. He slapped Kate across the face, and punched her in the stomach. "Don't talk," he said. "Or I will hit you." Then he pulled out a camera and a newspaper. "Hold this paper and smile for the camera," stated 3XK. Kate held the paper, but did not smile. He took a picture and returned upstairs. Kate placed the paper on the floor next to her and waited for him to return. She heard footsteps and the door opened once again. This time it was not 3XK, it was Detective Tom Demming. The wheels in Kate's mind started turning, and Demming said, "That's right Kate. I work for Jerry Tyson." "Well, tell him I am hungry and have to pee," said Kate. Demming snickered and went back upstairs. He returned a few minutes later with a glass of water, one piece of white bread, and an empty container. He then undid the handcuffs on Kate's wrists so she could eat. "My boss told me to tell you that he will give you what you want for now, but that later, he will torture and kill you," said Demming. He then left and Kate was left alone once again. She smelled the bread and water, and they appeared normal, so she ate the slice of bread and drank the water. Kate assumed that the empty container was for her to go to that bathroom in, so she pulled down her pants and underwear, squatted over the container, and peed into it. She then used a piece of newspaper to wipe herself, and quickly pulled her pants and underwear back on. After a few hours, 3XK came downstairs and the fun began.

-------------------------

"Hey guys..." Castle said to Ryan and Esposito. "Look what I was just sent." He showed them the picture of Kate holding a newspaper that 3XK sent. Below it said, "Find her in 48 hours, or she will be dead." They showed Gates the photo and they gave it to Troy to see if she could identify where Kate is. "Sorry, but whoever sent this, knows what they are doing, I can't seem to find anything to tell you where she is," replied Tory after she took a look at the photo. Castle went home to check on the twins, and asked Ryan and Esposito to keep him updated if they found anything.

-------------------------

Tyson entered the room with a chair and some rope. He pulled Kate from off the floor and tied her to the chair. He unhandcuffed her ankles and took out a knife. Demming came down the stairs and took the empty tray and container full of urine, and brought them upstairs. 3XK, took the knife and cut off all of Kate's clothes. So she sat, tied to the chair, in her navy blue lace pushup bra and lacy blue matching underwear. He then undid his pants and raped Kate. He also hit and slapped her while he was doing it. Then Demming came downstairs and also raped her. Then they left, still leaving Kate tied to the chair. Tyson came back downstairs about twenty minutes later with a scalpel and began to cut Beckett's arms, legs, and stomach. Next, Demming came back and took a picture of her tied to the chair, almost naked, bleeding.

-------------------------

Castle was at home, feeding the twins a bottle, when he got another text from 3XK. It was a picture of Kate bleeding from many cuts, tied to the chair, almost naked, and with dried tears on her face. He immediately left the twins with Alexis and went to the precinct. He showed the photo to Captain Gates and the boys. They had Tory analyze the photo. "Look at the window that is covered in the photo," said Troy. "What about it?" asked Gates. "See this corner," she said as she enlarged the bottom right hand corner. "The tape is slightly peeled up." "So can you see where she is?" asked Castle. "The computer needs to search for that view, which may take some time," replied Tory. "Can we narrow down the search to New York?" asked Ryan. "Yeah," replied Tory. After about ten minutes the computer found a match and came up with an address. "Let's go boys," said Gates. When they arrived at the building, Gates said, "We will enter through the front. We don't know how many people are there, so Ryan and I will search the main floor, and Esposito and Mister Castle, can search downstairs." "Can I have somebody's spare gun?" asked Castle. "Yeah," replied Gates after a few seconds. Espo reached down to the gun by his ankle and handed it to Castle. "There are uniforms posted out back incase someone tries to run away," said Gates. "So let's go." All four of them entered and Ryan found and handcuffed Demming. Esposito and Castle went downstairs and saw 3XK. "Hands up and turn around," shouted Espo. Tyson didn't raise his hands, but instead stepped aside so they could see Kate as he continued to cut her leg. "Drop the scalpel," repeated Esposito. At this point, Gates had come downstairs to see what was taking so long. She cringed slightly at the sight of her best detective, who had nearly double the cuts as in the photo, and who had a huge puddle of blood beneath her. "Drop the scalpel and raise your hands," ordered Gates. Tyson raised his hand with the scalpel and was about to stab Kate, when Castle shot him in the shoulder. He fell to the ground and was immediately handcuffed. Castle ran right to Kate and untied her. "Are you okay?" he asked. "Yeah, I'm just a little dizzy, have a lot of cuts and bruises, and really have to pee," replied Kate. Castle carried her upstairs, and to the bathroom inside the house. He pulled down her underwear, and sat her on the toilet so that she could pee. Kate tried to reach for the toilet paper, but was in too much pain to, so Castle grabbed some, lifted her up, and wiped her before pulling her underwear back up. He carried her to an ambulance that was waiting outside. They gave her a blanket to cover up with, and took her to the hospital. The whole ride there, Castle held her hand and tried to comfort her. Just as they reached the hospital, Kate passed out from blood loss. They took her into a room to give her stitches and perform a rape kit. Castle called Kate's dad, Martha, and Alexis and told them what happened. Alexis said that Martha had come over and that they were going to bring in the twins and some clothes for Kate to wear.

One hour later.....

"Mr. Castle?" asked a nurse. "That's me," replied Rick. "Your wife is awake, and is asking for you," replied the nurse. Castle picked up the twins, and followed the nurse into the room Kate was in. "Hey beautiful," said Castle. "How are you doing?" "I'm okay," replied Kate. The doctor came in and explained how Kate needed almost two hundred stitches, and how they need to be taken care of. "Doctor?" asked Kate as she was leaving. "Yes?" asked the doctor. "Um.. I was wondering if you have the morning after sex pill here?" asked Kate. "Yeah. Would you like one?" asked the doctor. "Yes please," replied Kate and the doctor went to find one. Kate looked over at Castle and he gave her a confused look. "They.. raped me," Kate chocked out. Castle nodded and said, "I think Johanna and Cosmo are hungry." "Oh," replied Kate. She lifted her hand to try to grab one of them, and winced in pain. "Would you like me to help?" asked Castle. Kate sighed and responded, "Yeah." So Castle got up off the chair and sat on the bed next to Kate. He unbuttoned her hospital gown and pushed up her bra. He then held Johanna up to her breast, who immediately latched on. Castle then lifted up the blanket, giving Kate a little more privacy. The doctor knocked on the door and delivered the pill Kate asked for and some water. A few minutes after the doctor left, Johanna was done eating, and it was Cosmo's turn. While Cosmo was eating, Gates, Ryan, and Esposito came in to take Beckett's statement. "We need you to walk us through everything that happened," said Esposito. Kate nodded and said, "I was walking back from the store, when suddenly I felt two hands, pull me and throw me in a van. Then I felt a needle go into my back, and it was lights out. When I woke up, I was in the room you found me in. Tyson came downstairs and talked to me briefly and made me take a picture with a newspaper. Then he went back upstairs and Demming came down. I told him I was hungry and needed to pee. He went back upstairs and came down a few minutes later with a piece of bread, water, and a container. Then he told me that Tyson was going to give me what I wanted and then kill me. After that he went back upstairs. The bread and water looked and smelled normal, so I ate and drank them, and went to the bathroom in the empty container. After a few minutes 3XK came back downstairs." She took a deep breath and looked down at Cosmo. "He's done eating Rick," whispered Kate. Castle pulled Cosmo out from under the blanket and set him on the bed. Then he put his hands under the blanket and pushed Kate's bra back in place and buttoned up her hospital gown. He then dropped the blanket back on the bed, and Kate continued, "When he came back downstairs he (pause) cut my clothes off, (pause) and he... (deep breath) raped me." Kate was fighting back tears, and everyone noticed. Castle rubbed her back and she continued, "He slapped me a few times, and then went back upstairs, then Demming came down and did the same thing." "He raped and hit you?" clarified Ryan. Kate nodded and Gates asked, "Then what?" "Then Tyson came back downstairs and started cutting my arms, legs, and stomach with a scalpel. After a few cuts, he stopped to take a picture, and then he continued cutting me more and more until you arrived," finished Kate. "Did either of them use a condom?" asked Esposito. Kate shock her head, signaling no, and Gates said, "I am going to give you another three weeks off Detective." "Thank you sir," said Kate as she buried her head in Castle's chest. As soon as Gates, Ryan, and Esposito left the room. Kate began to sob into Castle's chest. Alexis, Martha, and Jim came in shortly after she finished crying, and finally, a nurse said that she could go home. Once they arrived home, Castle carried Kate into the bedroom and placed her on the bed. "Wait here, I'm going to put the twins to bed," said Castle. "Can you bring them here so I can say goodnight?" she asked. "Sure," he replied as he left to go get them. He brought them in and Kate kissed their foreheads, breathed in their scents, and said goodnight. Castle quickly put them to sleep, and went back to help his wife. He took all her clothes off, so she was lying naked on the bed, and then got her a new bra, underwear, and cosy pajamas. Castle carried her to the bathroom and helped her brush her teeth. Then he carried her back into the bedroom, and tucked her into bed. He then got himself ready for bed. After he finished brushing his teeth, Castle heard a scream, so he rushed back into the bedroom to see Kate screaming in her sleep. Castle shook her and yelled her name trying to get her to wake up. When neither of these things worked, he kissed her on the lips, which instantly calmed her down. He pulled away, and Kate opened her eyes. When she saw him, she reached her arms around his neck and said, "I love you Rick." "I love you too," Castle replied. He then crawled into bed, and held her in his arms, where she stayed safe and sound for the rest of the night.