Chapter 2

"Hey Lanie. What have you got for me?" Detective Beckett asked her friend Lanie Perish. "The victim's name is Megan Rodgers. She was shot five times in the chest." Lanie answered. "Okay, thank you Lanie," Beckett said. "Yo, Beckett," said Javier Esposito. "The vic was a lawyer. Her office is in Midtown." "Ok, you and Ryan go talk to her coworkers, and Castle and I will talk to her next of kin." Beckett told Espo. On the way back to the precinct, Kate said to her husband, "You are being strangely quiet. Is everything okay?" "Yeah," he responded. "I just have been trying to come up with a good theory." "Well, do you have one?" She questioned. "Yes. I believe she was on a top secret mission for the CIA involving a dangerous drug lord, and her job as a lawyer was just a cover." He said clearly impressed with himself. "Maybe," She said half giggling to herself.

Back at the precinct, Kate questioned Megan's parents about anything unusual in her life, but they seemed to think everything had been normal. "I am very sorry for your loss," she told them. Later in the day, Ryan and Esposito came back and told Castle and Beckett that everything had been fine at her work also. "This is so odd. Everything in our vic's life was normal, yet she is dead." Beckett said "Run phones and financials, and we will see you in the morning." She told Espo and Ryan.