Chapter 6

"Frank, we found that $40,000 appeared in Megan's bank account on the day she died, and we were wondering if you might know where it came from." Said Detective Beckett. "I have no clue. And if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to work," he said as he walked away. "Well that was rude!" Castle exclaimed. "Yeah. I think he knows where that money came from and doesn't want us to find out." Said Beckett.

Back at the precinct Ryan said, "I tracked the money back to Frank's account." "Now why would Frank be paying his girlfriend?" Castle asked. "I am going to call Lanie and ask her to confirm Frank is the baby's father." Said Beckett.

5 minutes later.....

"What a coincidence, Lanie has the day off as well." Beckett said rolling her eyes. Well, there isn't much we can do now, so how about we all go home." Beckett suggested. "Shouldn't we bring in Frank Casillas?" Ryan asked. "No, I want to gather more facts before we bring him in again." "Alright, good night you two," said Ryan. "Good night," Castle and Beckett said in unison.

Back at the loft.....

"Hey Alexis, are you busy?" Asked Kate. "No why?" She responded. "I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with me?" Kate asked. "Sure!" Said Alexis. "Cool! I am going to let your dad know, so he can find something to do," Kate responded. "Okay, I will be down in a minute." Said Alexis. "Hey babe, I am going to have some girl time with Alexis, so maybe you can write while we do that." Said Kate. "I think it is sweet that you want to spend time with her. I love you both so much, it is refreshing to see how well you get along." Castle said as he gave her a kiss. "Have fun!"

"How is college going?" Asked Kate. "It is going well. I am taking lots of classes, but they all seem to be going well," Alexis replied. "Have you decided what you want to major and minor in?" Kate asked. "Not yet, there are just so many choices." Alexis replied. "Follow your heart. If you get a job doing something you love, it won't feel like work, and you will be happier." Kate explained. "Thanks." Said Alexis. "For what?" asked Kate. "For loving me and always giving great advice." Alexis replied. "I have a question for you," Kate said nervously. "Yeah?" Asked Alexis. "Would you be upset if I were to get pregnant? Do you think it would pull you and your father apart? I was talking with your dad last night, and we decided that both of us would be fine with or without a baby, but I want to know your opinion." Kate asked. "I wouldn't mind having a sibling and I don't think it would effect my relationship with my dad. If you two want a baby, I will be okay with that, and if you don't I will also be okay." Alexis replied. "You are so amazing," said Kate. "Now let's watch this movie."