7. The Thing About Envy, The Thing About Angry

"The thing about Envy and me, comes out of nowhere, hits so hard I can hardly breathe, in the middle of the night when I need sleep, you see, that's the thing about Envy. Yeah, the thing about Angry and me, I'm strong then I'm down on my knees, I scream when the silence should speak, you see, that's the thing about angry."- Lady Antebellum

• • •

Noah stepped lightly around the corner of the hall, Sam directly in front of him. They casually bypassed sight from the next turn in the hallway, pressing close to the wall.

Sam peered around the wall, seeing the man from the bar earlier in the evening conversing with another man, much taller with a more broad built and far younger. He could pass as a roadie or a body guard easily.

That's when Sam's phone chose to ring, causing Noah to grit his teeth together in fruststration as Sam frantically pulled it from his pocket and answered it.

"Dean," he muttered, "Hey, I can't talk right now."

He paused as Dean said something in response, before saying, "Yeah, I'm fine, just uh..." he spared another quick glance around the corner, seeing the larger and younger man walking fro the door, "Meet us at the bar in twenty minutes, okay?"

He didn't give Dean time to answer, instead hanging up the phone and hurrying to quickly make his way back around the other wall, Noah right in front of him.

When the man rounded to where they had previously been stood and didn't see them, he looked around once more before turning back to the office.

Sam and Noah stayed in place for another few minutes before they saw both men walk back down the hallway and take the turn opposite of where they had hidden before nearly being caught. They shared a quick glance before quietly pacing their way towards the office, seeing the door now closed and no one inside.

Sam quickly approached said glass door and opened it, they had left it unlocked. The two hunters stepped inside andout of sight as rapidly as they could manage before scouting the room before them.

Sam made way for the desk immediately, digging around the paperwork laid out on top and then going through the drawer. Noah chose to dig around the bookcase tucked beside the door. It was only when he heard Sam grunt that he turned around.

Sam had been attacked by the younger man, though he had quickly gained the upperhand. It was when the elder of the pair, Trotter, stepped up and placed a revolver against his jaw that Sam stopped fighting back.

Neither of the men seemed to take note of Noah in the corner of the room, tucked into a shadow. Noah remained silent, reaching for his pistol on his belt, preparing it. "What are you doing here?" Trotter asked Sam.

"I think maybe you know," Sam replied cryptically. "Yeah? Well I think I'm calling the cops," He told Sam. "Cops?" Sam raised an eyebrow. "Breaking and entering, assault," the man listed off, "You're in a peck of trouble my friend."

"Uh, well I think I could probably explain-" Sam cut himself off as he quickly turned, taking the gun from the other man's hand and turning where he was closest to the exit.

"Alright, back up!" Sam barked in a threatening tone, "Get back."

"Money's in the safe, take it and go," Trotter told him. "I don't want your money," Sam stated, pulling a flask out of his coat pocket, "I've just gotta be sure."

He uncapped it before splashing it's contents onto both men. Zero reaction, besides the given shock of water randomly hitting you in the face, sputtering and staring at Sam as if he were crazy.