1. Start, Use, Do.

"Start Where You Are, Use What You Have, Do What You Can." - Unknown

• • •

Noah scruffed his hand through Delta's not-too-long-not-too-short fur, jolting slightly as his phone began to ring. He kept one hand in the german shepherd's fur, grasping his flip phone from his pocket.

"George Trale speaking," he spoke into the phone. "Noah, hey, I've got some new information," Brian's voice crackled through the old speaker of his mobile. Noah always answered his phone with an alias, the people that knew him would know if it was him based on the name, he only used three when answering the phone at least.

"Alright, whatcha got?" Noah replies. "A few murders up in Medford, Wisconsin, says that he left the daughter unharmed, but he shredded the parents," Brian answers.

"Okay, where's the supernatural element to this?" Noah questions, scratching Delta's head. "Well, the family had been to a carnival that day, Uh, The Cooper Carnivals and the little girl said that she let a clown into the house," Brian continues, "Only, she said that after it had killed her parents, it vanished into thin air, the police have no viable leads since all the carnis were tearing down shop that night, which leaves everyone with an alibi."

"Okay, has this ever happened before?" Noah asks, knowing that first occurrences were never how it worked with creatures of the night. He stood up from the bed, rolling his eyes fondly at Delta's whine at no longer being pet.

"Uh, well, 1981 at the Bunker Brothers Circus, same M.O. It happened three times, three different locations," Brian replies. "Well spirits usually stick to one place, so what is this thing?" Noah thinks aloud. He tosses his jacket on, holding the phone to his ear with his shoulder.

"Well, what if it's attached to an object?" Brian retorts. "Okay, yeah, makes sense, but that'll be fun, paranormal scavenger hunt, sounds easy to manage at a carnival, don't you think?" Noah speaks sarcastically as he laces his boots and grabs his duffle bag, which he promptly tosses his dirty clothes into.

"Have fun, kid, for once I do not envy you," Brain chuckles over the line. Noah sarcastically laughs back at him before they bid farewell.

He picks up his bag, whistling for Delta as he grasps the doorknob. "Come on girl, we've got work to do."

• • •

Noah stepped out of his Jeep, gazing around at the carnival scenery. He opened the back door and Delta hopped out, panting at him with a smile.

Noah's lip curled upwards slightly before he turned back to the lively atmosphere. Seeing clowns, stiltwalkers, jugglers, and other types of carnis walking around, entertaining people as they came across them. He glanced a scan over the entire joint, seeing countless random objects.

"I'm in a haystack," he muttered as his eyes wandered the place, "And I need to find the needle."

Moving to the backseat, where Delta had hopped from, he unzipped his duffle, finding his EMF detector. Suddenly glad that it was disguised as a pocket radio, he plugs the headphones he had into them, before putting Delta on her leash, which he clipped to his belt to keep her next to him.

Walking through several rows of games, he scans everything he passes. However, it's when his eyes catch sight of the funhouse that he decides to check there before he passes it.

He enters, making his way around the maze, however it is one particular section of it that gives him the chills, something making him feel weird about the area. That's when a skeleton drops from the ceiling in front of him. He jumps, before laughing at himself, shaking his head, and discreetly scanning it.