16. Alone In My Presence

"I have a strict policy that nobody cries alone in my presence." - Dolly Parton

• • •

Screams. Loud. Echoing through the alleys.

Dean and Noah broke into a full sprint, running until they came upon a male form growling over a blonde hooker. "Hey!" they both barked in unison, loaded guns raised. The werewolf raised it's head, bright blue eyes staring at them.

Each of them fired the round in the chamber quickly, pulling back the hammer and firing again. It dropped with four shots to the chest, at least two had hit its heart. They got a better look, and it appeared to be Glenn, from across the hall.

He gurgled blood as he convulsed on the floor, bullets hitting his lungs and filling them with blood as the prostitute gasped for air, sobbing and crying.

She stood up, heels clacking on the asphault, blood dripping and staining her fur vest. She turned to look at them before bolting as quickly as possible. "Hey, don't mention it!" Dean called after her.

Noah quickly crouched next to Glenn, who was choking. He reached a hand up, grasping his necklace and finding some form of comfort in it, which he tried to pass on as he gave Glenn a soothing look. His teeth slowly retracted as his eyes reverted from glowing," It... it happened again, where am I?"

He stared at them in fear as he felt the pain in his chest, "Help me!" Dean and Noah stared at him in pity. Noah reached a hand and gently stroked the man's hair to try and calm him as he began to panic, "God, oh God, please."

"Hey, calm, it's all gonna be okay just..." Noah attempted to soothe the man, who looked to him, seeing the cross necklace which he also found some sort of comfort in, "Rest now, it'll all be okay." The light faded from his eyes as his body went limp. Noah sighed, standing up and stepping back.

• • •

"It was sorta sad, actually," Dean stated from the front seat of the Impala. Sam was sat in passenger with claw marks on his face, as Noah nursed some deeper slashes on Delta in the back. He hoped they wouldn't scar, but he had a feeling they would.

"I mean, Glenn had no clue what was going on," Dean shook his head, "Hey, why do you think he turned Madison instead of just killing her?"

"I don't know, he seemed like he had a thing for her," Noah pointed out from the back seat, his voice downtrodden. Seeing Glenn like that had affected him heavily, knowing the fear of death right as it happens... knowing how Nikki and his mother must've felt...

"Maybe his primal instinct did, too," Dean nodded, "Maybe he was looking for a little hot breeding action."

"Yeah," Sam nodded, his voice solemn, "Something like that."

"So?" Dean turned to his brother. "So what?" Sam questioned. "Speaking of Madison..." Dean trailed. "Oh, whatever," Sam turned back to face the road in front of them.

"Don't 'whatever' me, you liked her," Dean smiled, "Maybe-" Sam stopped his brother.

"Dean, she thought I was a stark-raving lunatic," Sam reasoned. "You saved her life," Noah pointed out, it broke his heart but more than anything... he wanted Sam to be happy. And if she made him happy... so be it.

"Yeah, but she doesn't know that," Sam countered. That was when a knock sounded on the window of the passenger door. Turning to where the noise came from, there stood Madison.

Sam cranked the window down as she began speaking, "You know for a stakeout, your car's a bit conspicuous, what are you still doing here?"

"Honestly? Uh..." Dean began, "We're pretty sure you're not gonna turn tonight, but we've gotta be 100% so... you know, we're lurking." Dean smiled at her.