10. Only Way Home

"Sometime's the broken road is the only way home."

• • •

"Well you're right, it's Snow White with a twist," Dean stated. "Yep, stepdad poisons the little girl, put her into a deep sleep," Sam nodded, "What's the motive you think?"

"It could be like Mishca Barton, 'Sixth Sense', not 'The O.C.'," Dean proposed. "What?" Sam questioned.

"Hey, you know fairy tales, I know movies," Dean defended. Noah rolled his eyes. "She played the pasty ghost, remember the mom had that thing, you know, where you keep the kid sick, so you get all the attention?" Dean explained.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy," Sam nodded, "Huh, could be."

"So say all these years, Callie's been suffering silently, because nobody knows the truth about what Mommy dearest did," Dean continued.

"And after all this time, her spirit just gets angrier and angrier until it finally just starts lashing out," Sam realized. "Meanwhile, she has to listen to her mom tell her these deranged stories about a rabid wolf or a canibalistic old lady," Noah possited, "It's enough to drive anybody nuts."

"Okay, but, how are we gonna stop her? I mean, Callie is stuck here, her mother is keeping her body alive," Sam questioned.

"That does make it a bit hard to burn the bones," Dean acknowledged. "You think?" Sam cocked his head.

Before they could say anything else, the ER doors opened, and paramedics brought in an old woman, beaten bloody. "Hey, what's the status?" A doctor rushed over and asked.

"72-year-old female, sustained multiple lacerations and puncture wounds, B.P. is 80 over 40 and falling, sinus tachycardia," One of the paramedics rattled off.

"Is that a... bite?" the doctor asked, inspecting her neck.

"Yeah, looks like she was mauled by a mad dog or maybe a wolf," the paramedic nodded.

"What was the last story Dr. Garrison was reading Callie?" Dean asked. "Little Red Riding Hood," Sam answered, startled.

• • •

The three watched as a sheet was placed over the woman in an ER trauma room, now pronounced dead. They stepped in, walking over to one of the paramedics.

"Excuse me," They flashed their badges as Sam asked, "Was she the only victim?"

"She was found by the side of the road, barely alive, alone," He answered. "We need to find he next of kin," Dean stated.

He looked down at the file in hand, "She has a granddaughter."

"Do you have an address?" Noah questioned.

He handed them a piece of paper from the file. "Thank you," Dean nodded at him. "Thanks," Sam stated.

They turned, walking down the hall, "Alright, you find a way to stop Callie."

"What about you?" Sam asked. "I'm gonna go stop the big bad wolf," Dean answered, "Which is the weirdest thing I've ever said."

"And that's saying something," Noah acknoweldged, "I'm going with you."

"Alright, let's go," Dean said, beckoning Noah to follow him.

• • •

With no time to waste, Noah and Dean jumped out of the Impala, and made way for the front door at a sprinting pace. Reaching the door, Dean drew his gun, as did Noah, before backing up. He threw his foot forward, forcing the lock to break the doorjamb and throw the door open.